Night Game Atmosphere

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ya know how people talk about how awesome the night game atmosphere is at the Dodd in Atlanta?

Yeah...

View attachment 13315

I suspect that 100,000+ at Neyland have a different definition of "awesome".

Vols 52
Bama 49

Eh, they've got to set off more fireworks than the entire state of TN on the 4th of July for atmosphere. I'm pretty sure an entire section of fans got burned alive from that in order to create "atmosphere".

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Another take-away from that game: with one loss, Bama's season is "in doubt" - if not effectively over. They could miss the CFP, and they might not even make it to the SEC championship game. Meanwhile, at 3-3, Tech has a LOT to play for from here on out.

Sucks to be Jahmyr Gibbs, doesn't it? Dude coulda been a Tech legend...celebrated at homecoming for the next 50 years. Instead, he's just another cog in the Bama machine that no one outside of Dalton, GA will remember after next season.

Flame away. 😁
They still have a ton to play for. Will probably still win the SEC West, then if they win the conf champ game they’re in the playoffs. Not many coaches are gonna beat Saban twice in one season. And i bet he fixes some of their issues on Defense.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That game yesterday meant very little in the big picture of this season. It meant waaay more for Tennessee’s rep and ability to recruit off the win than what it means for this season. The east is still UGA’s to lose and I could see Tennessee tripping up against someone before I see UGA falling asleep for a week. Bama is still in the same position as they were before that game. The west is still theirs to lose with a spot in the SECCG waiting. It was a fun game that didn’t win or lose anything for either team. I think we’ll look back and chuckle a little at how Tennessee fans acted as if they had just won a Natty when Bama is in the Final Four and they are sitting at home.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think the wildest thing is that Tennessee had not beaten Bama since 2006. Yet they continue to show out every single year and hope they win the game. There were only 2 one score games in that 16 year span. Tech has been just as competitive with UGA over the years as Tennessee has with Bama, yet Tech fans are so willing to give up and sell all of their tickets so that BDS looks like a UGA home game.

I can’t wait for the day Tech is finally competitive and takes down UGA at home for the first time this century. I sincerely hope the atmosphere and scene is like what happened in Knoxville last night. It should be a party.