NFL Draft by Team

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not even close. They have 1-2 DE a year.

Recently I can remember Azeez Ojulari, Lorenzo Carter, Leonard Floyd all just off the top of my head without looking into it

lalalala.gif

(None of those are dlinemen for the purposes of my hatred. :cool:)

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Recently I can remember Azeez Ojulari, Lorenzo Carter, Leonard Floyd all just off the top of my head without looking into it
All of those guys were drafted as edge rushers/outside linebackers. They technically have not had a true defensive lineman based on positional designation drafted since 2013.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
All of those guys were drafted as edge rushers/outside linebackers. They technically have not had a true defensive lineman based on positional designation drafted since 2013.
Your definition of a defensive linemen is very limited, basically you are limiting it to Nose Guard or Defensive Tackle who plays the 1 technique. The NFL values edge rushers far more than interior lineman.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
So the ACC has 6 first rounders, none of whom came from ND. Can we all just say now that Miami is where talent goes to under-deliver? Or is it VT we should say that about?
The most underachieving teams in the ACC? Good question. Depends on who you ask. Going back over the last 10 years or so I would say Miami, North Carolina and FSU in no particular order. Others may offer a different perspective as I am just going on what I saw when they played Tech. Maybe throw Virginia Tech in there as well but it seems to me that they got more out of their players than those three even with FSU winning a national championship.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Is this true? UGA hasn't had a defensive lineman drafted since 2013?

That can't be right based on all these 4/5 stars falling over themselves to go there.
Well, you know what the "Head Ball Coach" himself used to say about UGA... "I don't know what happens to them. Georgia has all these great recruiting classes..." with the usual Steve Spurrier trademark smirk.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
What do you consider J. Domineck? Edge Rushers that rush the passer every play are WDE imo. They get subbed out when the Defense rushes 3.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I think/hope that VT is bleeding talent and not replacing it based on their recent recruiting, feels like that is going to catch up to them hard soon.....UVA is also possibly heading down a rough path with a great coach who is a bad recruiter, the exact opposite of what they had previously
I think VT's best was a CB who opted out last yr, I believe .so its not like they really lost him.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
After this draft VT talent wise will be bone dry. They used to be our biggest threat in the Coastal, be honest, can you name 3 players on their team now? They used to have 3 potential 1st rounders on Defense alone.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Off of NFL.com: team-number picked: round picked

Clemson-5: 1,1,2,3,5
UNC-5: 2,3,3,4,6
Pitt-6: 3,4,4,5,6,7
Duke-4: 4,5,5,6
UVA-0
VT-4: 1,1,3,6
Miami-4: 1,1,5,6
BC-2: 3,6
ND:9: 2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5,7
Mutts-9: 1,2,2,3,3,3,5,6,7

GT-2: 6,7

Uva jumps out at me as does ND and Georgia. Pitt lost a good number of contributing players
Clemson lost less in number but more in importance imo. Lawrence is of course huge but Rodgers and Etienne were a big part of their success the last two years imo.
Pitt looks like they are ready for a beat down. Losing a ton of talent that isn't necessarily restocked. Let's beat those ***** cats by 40 this year.