Next JeT?

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Who will be the starter after JeT graduates? Will it be Matthew Jordan, Christian Campbell, Jaylend Ratliffe, or someone else?

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I also really like the film on Victor Viramontes. He seems pretty excited about his offer so lets hope we get him.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Victor certainly looks like he would be a great fit but if J Rat or someone else beats him out at QB, he would make a great B-back as well.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okay, since it's in a thread title, I have to make an observation. As an abbreviation in recent GT football discussion, I'm pretty sure that "JeT" began as a reference to Jemea as opposed to Justin, "JuT." It's interesting how communities control language use and not etymology.

Okay, carry on.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
After watching the video, I love this guy. he would be perfect for our offense. Not as fast as JeT (but who is), but man, he would be another bruiser from that QB position. I see another Nesbitt clone whose arm projects to be better.

We seemed to do quite well with Nesbitt....

Eli

Helluva Engineer
It has to be Mathew Jordan because our last great QB was Lil Joe and Goose followed him if you catch my drift

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I was hoping it would be Tadarryl. I thought Jaylend would have been it before the accident, but now I am not so sure. I think Jordan is serviceable, but I am not sure he can win a NC. Too early to tell with CC.

I do thinks that more important than playing ability is being able to grasp the offense.

Victor is intriguing with good film, I just don't know that he is fast enough for this offense at the college level. I can't recall CPJ ever having a tank at qb, it would be interesting to see what kind of tweaks would be made to the offense if that occurred

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Campbell is great because if he doesn't work out he has A-back written all over him too like DA and other were.

Jaylend was the best bet for next "stud" QB but the jury is not even convened yet for that decision.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Let's hold the Victor talk until he actually commits.

I said it in other threads, but I think the QB we sign this year is crucial for the position in 2016 and beyond. As is stands, 2016 will be JeT/Jordan/Campbell/Ratliffe*/2016 Recruit. Ratliffe at this point is a question mark. I'm not sold that Campbell's ultimate college position is QB. I think the QB battle in 2017 will be between Jordan and whoever we sign this year, and I think CPJ will push hard for a true dual threat QB (like Vad Lee, JeT, Jordan, Tevin) as opposed to an athlete playing QB (Synjyn, Campbell, David Sims, Demon Smith) for this class. Would not surprise me to see CPJ sign 2 QBs this class.

If you look at the history of our QB recruits, odds are high someone in the Jordan/Campbell/Ratliffe*/2016 Recruit group moves to another position or doesn't finish their career here. That's why numbers are important at this position. Guys who usually move from QB end up being ultra productive elsewhere (if they don't transfer) so it doesn't hurt us from a roster standpoint.

We still have 2 years of JeT, so let's enjoy them while we can.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ found out something with JT. It is much easier to stick a round peg into a round hole, than the square peg that was tried.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
we were lucky with godsey,
but generally there wasn't a next godsey for a while
there wasnt a next nesbitt for a while
there wasn't a next donnie davis for a while
my hunch tells me there won't be a next JeT immediately either...god I hope I am wrong.

But there could be a really solid QB, just not JeTlithic.