New Uniforms on Team's Snapchat

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
We really ought to bring back the Black Watch. Maybe there are NCAA rules against uniform/helmet alterations? Just give it to the three best players of the defense as voted on by teammates and coaches. I feel like that would be great incentive for players to work to get into that elite group, as well as a cool recruiting tool. Ole Miss gets a lot of excitement from fans and players for their "Landshark" celebration, imagine what a big play by a Black Watch member would do.
I think only the whole team could do it. I don't see what's wrong with it. It's no different than helmet stickers.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think splitting the D up, between black watch and non black watch, would not promote the cohesive togetherness I love about our team.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I liked last year's simpler unis better. Only thing I didn't really like about that one was the piping near the hips on the pants.

Not sure I like the wide stripe down the side of these new jerseys but I'm not gonna rant about it. Kind of a cross between the 08/09 and 14 unis.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Please god not BFBS in our unis.

The reason we get new Unis every year is because of the contract with Russell. We are their biggest brand so they want us to show their new designs every year.

This is actually a much bigger leap than the transition from 13 to 14. The quality and lighting of the picture is way to low to say those numbers are black. I'm 99% sure they're blue.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Please god not BFBS in our unis.

The reason we get new Unis every year is because of the contract with Russell. We are their biggest brand so they want us to show their new designs every year.

This is actually a much bigger leap than the transition from 13 to 14. The quality and lighting of the picture is way to low to say those numbers are black. I'm 99% sure they're blue.
BFBS?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I feel a black watch coming.

sorry, but you cannot feel a black watch coming. people of the black watch are ninjas...they have hit you and left before you even know they are within 5 miles. I know as I have seen a couple on Grant field in my time...guys like Roof and Ingram come to mind. They were the only people that Chuck Norris was/is afraid of. Kind of like that time that I told a buddy of mine that I thought Lucious was better than Ted and Burnette was better than Ricardo....I stayed awake for days on end. i'm starting to think this post may have been the biggest mistake of my life. If I never post again, you will know what happened. Tell my wife and kids and dog that I loved them.Also tell the guys on my church league softball team I am sorry about those two errors in the 7th inning back in '91 that cost us the league championship. and my I be forgiven for all those hateful thoughts toward my calculus professors. I am at peace now and

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Now this is the uni that made us GATECH and we used it only once or twice last year..........what a great uni
Yes, love it for some many reasons- the blue trim and numbers, the shoulders that influenced the creation of the Dallas Cowboy unis, not too busy overall, and a gold that avoids the green and copper hues as well as the Vegas look but keeps a gold metallic sheen. Still don't mind putting a GT on the helmet but it is good either way.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
sorry, but you cannot feel a black watch coming. people of the black watch are ninjas...they have hit you and left before you even know they are within 5 miles. I know as I have seen a couple on Grant field in my time...guys like Roof and Ingram come to mind. They were the only people that Chuck Norris was/is afraid of. Kind of like that time that I told a buddy of mine that I thought Lucious was better than Ted and Burnette was better than Ricardo....I stayed awake for days on end. i'm starting to think this post may have been the biggest mistake of my life. If I never post again, you will know what happened. Tell my wife and kids and dog that I loved them.Also tell the guys on my church league softball team I am sorry about those two errors in the 7th inning back in '91 that cost us the league championship. and my I be forgiven for all those hateful thoughts toward my calculus professors. I am at peace now and
wait, wait....his message was cut off in mid stream... could it be.....

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, here we go with uni discussions again. I am just going to say this once. Avoid black. It really isn't a Tech color according to the guys I know who have researched this.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
As somebody who had never heard of the black watch and had to go look it up, i think it sounds like it was pretty cool idea. I mean I would like to show a little improvement on defense before we start talk about doing something like that. but I think it would add a bit of that "swagger" that helps get some players going. And having something unique like that will never hurt in recruiting.

And I think it would also add some motivation. It's giving some players something to work for, rewarding players for the results, and making guys that already have it to work harder not to lose it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No no no no no to renewing the black watch

Why not? Like "Bell Cows" better? ;) (tic) From a really good Wilkinson article: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050109aac.html

Refresher history: "The "Black Watch," the nickname Lindsey conferred upon his defense that fall, glorified big hitters and rewarded them, too. The prize: A thick black stripe painted down the middle of Tech's otherwise all-gold helmets. It went only to the heaviest of hitters -- especially middle linebacker Ted Roof, the heart and soul of the Black Watch; and to No. 99, Swilling, its most talented and dangerous Watchman."

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
FWIW I was browsing the online store at Ramblinwreck.com and noticed that the recent Russell gear has black. Noticed one polo with a black shade on top of white(they also had the navy version). Take a look at some of the new gear. You can tell that we may be moving to some form of black added into the uniform.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
FWIW I was browsing the online store at Ramblinwreck.com and noticed that the recent Russell gear has black. Noticed one polo with a black shade on top of white(they also had the navy version). Take a look at some of the new gear. You can tell that we may be moving to some form of black added into the uniform.
Russell has used black in GT apparel for years. Wouldn't say that its a clear sign of black in the uniforms, but its possible

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't help that black is UGA's alternate uni... I like the all white. White helmets are great too.
Yes, and we add black we look exactly like Purdue (colors are old gold and black) or, horrors, Central Florida. Every time I see the black watch uniforms it takes me a moment to realize I am not looking at Missouri or Iowa or Vanderbilt or Southern Miss. We especially look like ARMY, for crying out loud.

Black is not an official color for Tech. But is is for a whole lot of other teams who also claim gold.
http://www.1122productions.com/tradition/colors/