New UNC defense hoping for new results against Georgia Tech

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Charlotte Observer: New UNC defense hoping for new results against Georgia Tech

The scheme this season is different, too, with UNC using three linebackers instead of two. Jeff Schoettmer, the senior middle linebacker, said earlier this week that his role Saturday will be different than it has been in the past against Georgia Tech.

He’ll be “running the alleys,” he said, which is something a safety would do last season.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I hope there are no smallish but super quick linebackers for UNC. I don't want to see another Cash type this year.
I know he plays for Duke, but that kid is an All-Acc and possible All American. There aren't many of him around.
That being said, we will probably face the snap jumping again. We just have to make the calls and make them pay for it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think it is really remarkable, and mostly unremarked, that GT is the only team in the country that an opponent spends all year preparing for. All year. And fruitlessly until of late. But as another poster already noted, UNC won't be the first team to try this. It is not like someone is inventing sliced bread again.