New Starters This Weekend for GT

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Murray has been on a tear and finished 3-for-5 with two RBI's and 3 runs. Also, congrats to Wade Bailey for having his career best today of 4-for-5 with a double, RBI and 3 runs as well.

We should sweep these guys tomorrow. Game at 1:00p.m.

QUOTEABLE:
• "It think that was (our most complete game start to finish). And it was great to see Cole Pitts back out there and get three innings out of him. He threw the ball well. I also liked what I saw from Ben Parr. We played good defense and we swung the bats well up and down the lineup."
-- Head Coach Danny Hall

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Told ya we'd sweep these guys!

OK, so we have 't yet won Sunday's game. I think we will.

Very very happy with the pitching this weekend. We needed to see some life out of our staff, and we have. Now, if Gold & staff can cap it off with another good outing tomorrow, I'll be one happy Jacket camper!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm very happy with the no errors and nice defensive plays being made.

Another really great thing is that we have so many good hitters. 16 hits today (and 6 walks) in 8 innings is pretty impressive. I think there will be some movement in the hitting rotation tomorrow with Kel getting moved out of the 3-5 hitter rotation. SO 5 of his last 7 times up. He seems to be trying too hard and striking out a lot on high fast balls.

After winning by 1 on Friday, 13 on Saturday, who knows what will happen tomorrow? State used 6 pitchers who threw about 175 pitches (we threw 136). Their bullpen show be a little more shallow than it was. But given the unpredictability of the game, you never know.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's our runs scored by inning and opponents runs by inning:

Inning-by-inning 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Total
---------------- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -----
Georgia Tech 15 11 7 2 7 6 11 12 11 82
Opponents 4 10 3 8 15 4 8 2 0 54

For us what jumps out at me is our starting three innings (first time through line-up) are so strong. Then we tail off, until the last three innings when we explode again. Figuring we haven't played a lot of the ninth innings when ahead at home this is pretty impressive.

For opponents, we have totally shut them down in the eight and ninth. Much better than I thought. That is good relief pitching ..... which we also see in our relievers stats.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
End of 4th, GT 3-0. Didn't score till this inning and stranded 8 in the 1st and 2nd and 4th or this would be a blow out.

Chased the starter with two outs.

Brandon Gold just throwing stikes. Through 4, 45 pitches for 33 strikes. 73% which is major league. Plus throwing 90 mph fast balls. 11 1/4 pitch average an inning ain't bad.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sweep, and excellent play all the way around for GT....pitching was superb (and boy did we need a weekend like this one!), hitting was (as always) very solid, and defense back into form.

Just in time, too. We start ACC play next weekend, hosting Notre Dame, who is 10-1, so we will need to be sharp.