new schedule format

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what the reasoning for Louisville as our primary opponent. I would have figured it would have been VT/Duke/UNC/FSU/UVA given our recent history with those teams.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Louisville??? Why Louisville? Duke is one of our oldest rivalries. Not that it is a great rivalry, but who cares about Louisville? Ugh. Worst thing that ever happened to the ACC was expansion. I get that they had to do it, but not seeing all the teams every year in football and hoops just stinks. Now get off my lawn.....

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
If you look at this it feels like GT got the shaft. They got everyone else good, and then used us to fill in. Why not have FSU drop Cuse and we drop Lou and play FSU instead?

Nobody wants to play the old Big Least teams unless it’s maybe Miami.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Louisville??? Why Louisville? Duke is one of our oldest rivalries. Not that it is a great rivalry, but who cares about Louisville? Ugh. Worst thing that ever happened to the ACC was expansion. I get that they had to do it, but not seeing all the teams every year in football and hoops just stinks. Now get off my lawn.....

Well seeing that louisville is one of the few teams we've been able to beat under collins. maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Hear, hear!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I preferred the round robin and home and home in basketball, but you can’t stop progress I guess

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what the reasoning for Louisville as our primary opponent. I would have figured it would have been VT/Duke/UNC/FSU/UVA given our recent history with those teams.
They don't even fit in our conference, but they have to stick them somewhere. They stuck them with us, Miami, and UVA - all of whom are wondering what's the reasoning.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given GT has the hardest permanent opponents in terms of both the playoff era and the last 3 years and also has UGA OOC every year it may have to start scheduling 3 patsies every year to have much of a chance to get to 6+ wins on a consistent basis. Not getting one of Duke, VT or UVA as a permanent is disappointing.

Interesting to see the permanent opponents.
I wonder how Pitt fans feel getting 3 BE opponents.
Duke is probably the happiest getting all 3 NC teams.
Both UNC and NCSU get the triangle opponents as permanent.
Wake gets left out of the NC round robin, but does get the easiest Triangle opponent in Duke and then gets 2 regional opponents that are not too far away and not too good in VT and GT.
FSU getting both Clemson and Miami as permanents is also getting a very tough schedule.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Well seeing that louisville is one of the few teams we've been able to beat under collins. maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one.
Collins may not even be here by the time this goes into effect, I don't think it's as much of a gift as you think.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I went to the Louisville game in 2018. Drank lots of bourbon and then we won 66-31. That was fun!