New Pro Jackets Progress

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Among the Arizona fall league award winners:

Pitcher of the Year: Connor Thomas, LHP, Cardinals
The 5-foot-11 left-hander shook off an inconsistent regular season in Triple-A to dominate the hitter-friendly Fall League from start to finish. The Cards’ No. 24 prospect became the first pitcher in the AFL since 2014 to have a double-digit strikeout game when he whiffed 10 on Oct. 17. He led the AFL with 34 strikeouts in 25 2/3 innings (11.9 K/9) while walking just 1.8 per nine and finishing with a 1.75 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and .224 batting average against for Salt River.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Sure could have used him this upcoming season. Catching is going to be a significant weak point.
Why do you say this? Sure we lost an all American at this position but if there is one thing we have shown over the years is an ability to develop top talent at the position. There is a reason we have a chest protector that says "Catcher U" on the front of it. We may not have the generational talent that we enjoyed at the position the last couple of years but I don't think it will be a significant weak point. I'm betting that we will be surprised at the output we see from the position this year.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why do you say this? Sure we lost an all American at this position but if there is one thing we have shown over the years is an ability to develop top talent at the position. There is a reason we have a chest protector that says "Catcher U" on the front of it. We may not have the generational talent that we enjoyed at the position the last couple of years but I don't think it will be a significant weak point. I'm betting that we will be surprised at the output we see from the position this year.
Agree. A year ago... we were saying the same thing about the middle infield. In hindsight, that was a significant bright spot. (Simpson Borden & Jackson)

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Ford and Parada, Top Prospects