New Pro Jackets Progress

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't believe so but I definitely could be wrong. Alum is a term many broadcasters/sportswriters use loosely to describe them as having attended that particular school. People who do so probably aren't actual alums of any school or they would know the difference.
An alumnus is any male that has matriculated to the school. You do not have to graduate from said school to be an alumnus(a). The term refers to any former student, graduate, drop-out, transfer, whatever. If the student was a female, she would be an alumna, and if it were a group of females only, alumnae (still pronounced like alumni).

Edit: I should always read the whole damn thread before responding. The problem is I'm too lazy to go back, so, if I don't comment right away, I'll never comment. Like I said, I should probably read the whold damn thread first. ;)

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
There’s no connection between the term “alum” and one’s graduation status. He is an alum based on the fact he attended school alone. As are all of our guys playing pro ball, regardless of whether or not they have a degree.

Let’s maybe not lob stones from the glass house.
Thanks for clarifying this for me! No matter if he graduated or not, I enjoyed the “thrill” of watching him pitch for the jackets and appreciate the fact that he choose Tech over a bunch of other options …….. and wish him well professionally!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Harry is also a local ATL kid (lives 10 minutes from Campus) but I get it. He also comes and works out at the facilities before and after Pro when in town and hangs with the guys.

He along with other (former/current) GT players and commits are in my twitter feed.

I can not share any updates on him if it offends people or breaks the rules.

Last edited:

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Harry is also a local ATL kid (lives 10 minutes from Campus) but I get it. He also comes and works out at the facilities before and after Pro when in town and hangs with the guys.

He along with other (former/current) GT players and commits are in my twitter feed.

As far as I'm concerned, if you've committed to Tech and go professional out of HS, you are still a "New Pro Jacket". Especially if he works out at the facility and interacts with our former and current players. So keep posting updates. The more kids we can recruit that are highly rated by MLB teams the better off the program will be.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Rules? If you aren't offending, you aren't trying (NASCAR). The only rules are on the football side since they need them due to ______________.

Just salt in the wound to see what could have been for us. But he made the right choice IHMO.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
St. Lucie Mets win the Florida State League Championship. Kevin Parada was 6-15, 2 BB, 3 R, 5 RBI (3-4, 1R, 2 RBI in the final game). He was also the catcher that directed his pitching staff to a 2.5 ERA through the 4 playoff games.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Two of the "hottest hitting prospects from each MLB team":

Braves: Justyn-Henry Malloy, OF/3B (No. 13)
While it wasn’t an overwhelming month for Malloy, he did lead all Braves Top 30 hitters with 37 total bases and continued to show off his very patient approach (22 walks leading to a .395 OBP). It’s been a very strong first full season for the Braves’ 2021 sixth-round pick, as he hit his way from High-A to Double-A and finished with a combined .862 OPS, drawing 90 walks for a .407 OBP.

Mets: Kevin Parada, C (No. 3, MLB No. 39)
Should anyone be surprised that an advanced college performer is hitting well at Single-A? Of course not. But the 11th overall pick deserves credit for being hot wherever he’s sent, and he’s certainly ticked that box by going 10-for-31 (.323) with a homer, two doubles and nine walks over 10 games this month for Florida State League champions St. Lucie. The Mets' title serves as a great topper to Parada’s busy summer between the New York system and Georgia Tech, where he hit .361 with 26 homers in the spring.

Let's keep churning out prospects, and bringing more in!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Repeat on X with Cleveland, just because I wanted to give a shout out to Cleveland for taking last nights game from the evil empire. Playing baseball rather than just hitting HRs. Nice to see :)

X has only started two games, since August. Looks like he is on the 40 man roster but not the active roster. So could he get called up for a post season appearance (I don't think it will happen given his stats but we can dream.) https://www.mlb.com/guardians/roster