New Pro Jackets Progress

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'd hate to hit against him since he doesn't look where he is throwing till the last second. Already hit his first in the minors!
1661532675793.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Is he actually an alum? Can’t recall
I don't believe so but I definitely could be wrong. Alum is a term many broadcasters/sportswriters use loosely to describe them as having attended that particular school. People who do so probably aren't actual alums of any school or they would know the difference.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't believe so but I definitely could be wrong. Alum is a term many broadcasters/sportswriters use loosely to describe them as having attended that particular school. People who do so probably aren't actual alums of any school or they would know the difference.
There’s no connection between the term “alum” and one’s graduation status. He is an alum based on the fact he attended school alone. As are all of our guys playing pro ball, regardless of whether or not they have a degree.

Let’s maybe not lob stones from the glass house.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s no connection between the term “alum” and one’s graduation status. He is an alum based on the fact he attended school alone. As are all of our guys playing pro ball, regardless of whether or not they have a degree.

Let’s maybe not lob stones from the glass house.
I stand corrected. I always believed it as a term for a graduate.

Definition of alumnus​

1: a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or universityan alumnus of Columbia University—usually used of a man in the singular but often of men and women in the plural
2: a person who is a former member, employee, contributor, or inmatea Saturday Night Live alumnus

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In line with the alumnus designation….Harry Ford never attended GT…I get it he was a commit, but never attended a class. However, he finds his way onto this thread? Maybe someone should start a new pro jackets former commits page.

What could have been though.

Your point makes sense in that he was never a player or student. He committed to GT until a better offer came along. It's the game.