New play by play announcer

To be honest, I didn't like Brandon at all at first. I really didn't like his voice. But seeing him in the radio shows and listening to his work over time made him grow on me. I was actually kind of upset when I heard he was leaving. Though I actually kind of like Andy after looking up some of his other videos.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091114aah.html

Here's to hoping he has similar chemistry with CPJ as Brandon did.
Sure glad we got Andy rather than the other guy, Cory Burkarth

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gaudin was a little too "Aw shucks" about his approach to me, but I guess it works because he got a pretty good gig from his GT work.

If you're worried about Andy not having football experience, Gaudin didn't either. I'm pretty sure having worked at USCe all these years and being in the SEC, he's been exposed to a little bit of football. Plus, when he auditions, he's auditioning to football games calling games. He'll be fine...and he'll end up with another nice gig down the road like Wes Durham and Gaudin before him.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I like his "interview voice" more than Brandon. Hope he gets his "excited announcer" voice under control. Brandon took a while to grow on me so I will give the new guy a chance to do the same.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Press release from 2009:
Andy Demetra Named Radio Voice for Men's Basketball and Baseball
Since his time in Columbia, Demetra has worked for ISP Sports in Winston-Salem, N.C. He has done basketball play-by-play for the Big East National Game of the Week, football play-by-play for the ACC National Game of the Week and baseball play-by-play for the 2008 and 2009 ACC Tournaments for XM Radio. In addition, he has provided play-by-play work in basketball for the University of Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Villanova, UCF and Furman. He has also done play-by-play broadcasting for the Syracuse Chiefs, the Triple-A baseball affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays.
Demetra, who graduated summa cum laude from Syracuse University, was the 2005 and 2006 South Carolina Broadcasters Association Radio Sportscaster of the Year. He was the youngest recipient of the award in the organization's 60-year history.