New O scheme position changes

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure if this house has been beaten to death yet, but here are a few whacks.

TL;DR version: the migration shouldn’t be too drastic if we get a good OC with some sense.

The current Temple OC (Patenaude) runs an up tempo spread. It’s more balanced run vs pass than ours has been. I wouldn’t be stunned to see Patenaude come here, but I think it’s about as likely that Collins will pick someone else with an uptempo spread scheme.
Here are some highlights from the Temple / Maryland game

That most of been modified because the games I watched of Temple they were not up tempo. It was actually more methodical and looked more of what you’d see from KC or an NFL team than Oregon. They just didn’t have the weapons.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
That most of been modified because the games I watched of Temple they were not up tempo. It was actually more methodical and looked more of what you’d see from KC or an NFL team than Oregon. They just didn’t have the weapons.
I know off topic, but Maholmes is nasty. Worth price of admission. Know I'm getting old when I clearly remember his dad pitching in the big leagues.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Temple averaged over 13.4 drives a game. NCAA average is 12.3. The most drives is 14.6.

So they weren't blazing fast, but they are definitely up tempo when compared with most NCAA teams.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We had what I consider a rather odd Grad transfer OL commitment today. A Vandy back up that played in a half dozen games that has 1 year of eligibility left. Are we looking at a large number of OL transferring out?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We had what I consider a rather odd Grad transfer OL commitment today. A Vandy back up that played in a half dozen games that has 1 year of eligibility left. Are we looking at a large number of OL transferring out?

I don't know about the transfer question, but we are probably going to need some more tackle depth regardless as Ivemeyer is graduating early and Lee is not an OL in most systems. Along with Marshall graduating and Will Bryan graduating, we will need to be creative to make something work.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

We always need OL. Especially this year with a scheme change.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I heard on CBS Sports Radio that the Falcons were going to fire offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian at the end of the season:cigar: It would be cool if somehow GT hired Steve Sarkisian as offensive coordinator:cool:

Inability to score TDs in the red zone and not being able to run on a third and one consistently is not what I want in an OC.