New in '15: Tyler Cooksey

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
His size and his motor encourage me. I think there's a real chance he plays for us at 6'3", 240 or better before it's over. Sideline to sideline pursuit, with a good nose for the ball. Yep...we'll take him!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
You know, I was thinking about getting the link posted and didn't include my thoughts!

Like Dr Jacket said, I see Tyler being a sideline to sideline type. Very high motor! One consistent thing I'm seeing in the '15 recruits is the high level of accomplishment before they ever set foot on campus. There young expect to succeed!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Roof got some really nice pieces for his Fighting Ted Roof squad this class.

Super excited about quite a lot of them. If we can get another class like 2015 in terms of individual talent, we're going to be a top 25 defense for a while. Add that to what we usually do on offense...man, I can't get enough Koolaid.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Roof got some really nice pieces for his Fighting Ted Roof squad this class.

Super excited about quite a lot of them. If we can get another class like 2015 in terms of individual talent, we're going to be a top 25 defense for a while. Add that to what we usually do on offense...man, I can't get enough Koolaid.
I agree about having a top 25 d. I just think we are gonna need a big time dt soon or we will need to do some good grooming for the guys we already have. Pelton and roof do a good job at that though.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree about having a top 25 d. I just think we are gonna need a big time dt soon or we will need to do some good grooming for the guys we already have. Pelton and roof do a good job at that though.

I think our DEs are (or will be) so good that if we can find a DT to hold the point of attack, stay gap responsible, and not get pushed back we will still be good. IMHO, the DEs will be so good at providing pressure against the QB, anything the DTs contribute along the DL will be gravy. But I agree with you...having a stud DT makes everything even better.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the last sentence was a tic ref to him being a mean tackling LB in his day, if that's what ur asking.
Yes thank you...I had heard rumor that CTR is maniacal about causing turn overs and he and the staff as a rule will knock the ball out of your hands where and whenever you may be..be it in practice on the sideline or in your sleep...

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Watch out for Antonio Simmons at DE this season. The kid is cat quick and will be a disrupter on the passing downs. Great motor!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Only thing with Simmons is he's really light in the britches. So is Whitefield for that matter.

Simmons was a Parade All American in high school. I was really hoping they redshirt him so he could put on weight and have a year of eligibility after Freeman.