New in '15 AJC article: Dorian Walker

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Never have too much speed. One thing that CPJ has done is add speed to the entire roster. I remember going to a game in the 80's against UNC. Their LBs and DL were faster than anyone we had on the field.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, if WR or DB doesn't work out...there's AB!

Hopefully he finds a position sooner than later. Would like to see another 6' cover corner to go along with Simmons, and Wigley. Can never have too many big corners that can play and cover the freak WR in today's game.

Well, if WR or DB doesn't work out...there's AB!

Hopefully he finds a position sooner than later. Would like to see another 6' cover corner to go along with Simmons, and Wigley. Can never have too many big corners that can play and cover the freak WR in today's game.
Simmons will most likely play saftey!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, the coaches know best, but I'm betting Walker ends up at AB.

He's too good a runner to stay at CB and he's going to be a good 200 lbs. directly. If he keeps his speed - Snoddy territory - I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up back there somehow. True, we have a lot of really good talent coming up in our O backfield, but this young man has a nose for a hole that impresses me. He also has the great RB skill: when he gets loose he immediately squares up and goes in a straight line for open spaces. I love that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Never have too much speed. One thing that CPJ has done is add speed to the entire roster. I remember going to a game in the 80's against UNC. Their LBs and DL were faster than anyone we had on the field.
For at least Johnson's first three years, maybe four, Clemson was surprised at the lack of speed from Tech.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, the coaches know best, but I'm betting Walker ends up at AB.

He's too good a runner to stay at CB and he's going to be a good 200 lbs. directly. If he keeps his speed - Snoddy territory - I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up back there somehow. True, we have a lot of really good talent coming up in our O backfield, but this young man has a nose for a hole that impresses me. He also has the great RB skill: when he gets loose he immediately squares up and goes in a straight line for open spaces. I love that.
RB is important no doubt. But a really good, and really fast, CB can make a difference in a hurry. But no matter where he starts, as we have found, he could wind up anywhere.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
RB is important no doubt. But a really good, and really fast, CB can make a difference in a hurry. But no matter where he starts, as we have found, he could wind up anywhere.
As an aside to my own post, and I apologize, I just watched Ga.-GT again -- it is Saturday and too hot to do anything -- and got to the point that one of the announcers noted GT had 317 yards rushing ... with eight different ball carriers. Just hearing that reminded me that maybe our Aback situation is not nearly so difficult as we might imagine.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
For at least Johnson's first three years, maybe four, Clemson was surprised at the lack of speed from Tech.

Dwyer was one of the fastest backs we've had at tech. Thomas was fast too. So was Morgan Burnett. Some say anthony Allen is still running down the side line when we beat them at night in 09. As far as lines goes, on the defense, all four lineman went on to the nfl. Three of which still play there.

We lacked depth in areas for sure (offensive line. Yikes), but the cupboard wasn't bare.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Kid is obviously an athlete and a D-1 athlete with his size, speed, and change of direction. Like any other recruit it just depends how hard he works to harness that talent. Will be interesting to see if he has the hips for corner. If not I still like him as a S.