New Edge Building Rendering

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Brick to tie in with most of the buildings on campus is a good move.
Looks like they also are doing a bit of facelifting on the east side of the stadium that ties in with the theme.
Also, is that an absolutely humongous garage door on the east side? Scale can't be correct.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
We have several that big where I work. It's to allow for replacement of large machinery without bringing it in piecemeal. Not sure what sits in that area of the stadium that would need an overhead door that big.
How about the large trucks for equipment traveling to out of town games? Equipment storage is probably in that area somewhere I'm guessing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bricks are ideal for campus buildings.
How can we forget the Clyde bumps, what a ride over them, lol.
Just for utilitarian purpose, nothing architectural significant …. from a Tech COA alumnus’ opinion.
The overhang at the ground level has a shadow that suggests light filters through like a pergola. It looks a little cheap but maybe the translucent material is more interesting than it appears.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Brick to tie in with most of the buildings on campus is a good move.
I understand that. I really do but I really liked the previous facade rendering. That previous attempt doesn't really fit in though with the brick theme if that's what ought to be done. To me, it's too much brick trying to be applied to a modern, contemporary style that the previous rendering had. Overall, for me it's a (n)

Dettmann1

Georgia Tech Fan
Something seemed different when I stared at the images and I compared it to the current edge center. If these renderings are correct, It looks like this reduces the size of the upper North stands. Anyone else notice that?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Something seemed different when I stared at the images and I compared it to the current edge center. If these renderings are correct, It looks like this reduces the size of the upper North stands. Anyone else notice that?

I read somewhere where the letterman seating area and east are being removed. It was under the former AD that I read that. Not sure where it stands now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Going to offer premium searing, "Athletics staff currently housed at the Edge/Rice Center will be moved to other buildings on campus (the Wardlaw Center and McCamish Pavilion Annex) to allow the performance center to be devoted exclusively to student athletes."