New court! Notice the Yellow Jackets word mark on the baseline.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate it. Understand the explanation though.

Hopefully will replace all of it with white and gold next year, hate the navy out of bounds skirting. I actually like the GT in white, just give it a solid gold border.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I hate it. Understand the explanation though.

Hopefully will replace all of it with white and gold next year, hate the navy out of bounds skirting. I actually like the GT in white, just give it a solid gold border.
I thought last years look was perfect. The key and GT logo was gold, it’s hard to work with gold since wood is already kind of tan/gold anyway.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Agree the court from the last few years has been pretty much perfect. I'm just glad our GTAA has some taste because there are some gimmicky looking D1 college basketball courts.

I just rewatched some highlights from 2018-19 to relive the puke green paint/baselines. I'm not sure what happened there but I recall it looking decent in real life but awful on TV.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Agree the court from the last few years has been pretty much perfect. I'm just glad our GTAA has some taste because there are some gimmicky looking D1 college basketball courts.

I just rewatched some highlights from 2018-19 to relive the puke green paint/baselines. I'm not sure what happened there but I recall it looking decent in real life but awful on TV.
It looked nice in person, the TV cameras made it look horrible though. We switched up the paint shade on the court slightly so it could look gold in person and on TV, so that’s why the court we had in 19/20-21/22 looked so much better. That’s also why the gold isn’t gonna be out there until 2023/24 because it’s such a special shade of paint.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I feel like those of us who hate our use of blue need to acknowledge the severe difficulties with trying to use gold.

Not saying we shouldn't use our colors, just saying I 'get' why we use blue as much as we do.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel like those of us who hate our use of blue need to acknowledge the severe difficulties with trying to use gold.

Not saying we shouldn't use our colors, just saying I 'get' why we use blue as much as we do.
Always complaining about something aren't ya...? What's good kg?

CEB

Helluva Engineer

you dont want to go west coast? Maybe a nice honeycomb pattern in a contrasting stain? no fun. :)

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like they have “permanent” seating installed in the sideline student section. I think they usually have folding chairs there. I hope this doesn’t mean the sideline student section is being eliminated.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Looks like they have “permanent” seating installed in the sideline student section. I think they usually have folding chairs there. I hope this doesn’t mean the sideline student section is being eliminated.
They've always had permanent seating there. It's just that the students there typically stand while the ball is in play. The only bleacher seating in the arena are the 2 sections behind the west goal AFAIK.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
They've always had permanent seating there. It's just that the students there typically stand while the ball is in play. The only bleacher seating in the arena are the 2 sections behind the west goal AFAIK.
I have seats in the first row behind the sideline student section, and those seats (sideline student section) are usually folding chairs, like the court side vip ones but not as nicely cushioned. I hope the permanent seating is just an upgrade for the the students and not a sign that they are getting booted out of that area.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
That section is configurable. For example, during the Covid season I’m pretty sure they removed those sideline student seats and put the team benches on that side of the court because there was more room to spread out. So, maybe there have been times when there was permanent seating there, but I know for certain there have been folding chairs there at times.