New Coaches Poll Out

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol, not that it matters, but Auburn ranked one ahead of us after they needed OT to beat an FCS team at home. They are not a top 15 team at this point in the year. We haven't earned anything either but that's a joke. Oregon moving way down for losing to a big time opponent on the road is interesting too, but that is always how these polls work. I'm in the camp that polls shouldn't be released until 3 weeks in but just my observations.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am losing respect for the coaches if they actually think Auburn is one of the 15 best teams in the country. Personally, I think we would beat them pretty soundly.
Wish someone would start a thread on which teams ranked ahead of Tech you think Tech would beat soundly.
For me it would actually be most of the teams.
At this point I could see Tech only having trouble with Ohio State, Michigan State, Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. Everyone else I think we destroy pretty much the way we did Mississippi State. So that puts us in at least the top ten, maybe even number 6.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
We haven't earned anything either but that's a joke. I'm in the camp that polls shouldn't be released until 3 weeks in but just my observations.

I disagree. GT has convincingly manhandled lessor opponents while clearing the bench doing it. GT is doing exactly what a team that finished last year in the Top 10 and returning 75% of the team should be doing. I agree with dismantling polls until at least week 4. I suppose GT has to beat some brand name teams to move up unlike SEC teams like Allburn and LSU that just get thrown in after a down 2014 because SEC.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Put 60+ on the catholic school girls we should be looked at differently. Oh wait we aren't in the SEC. nevermind
Well, we don't have to score 60, but we do (and should) need to win by 2-3 TDs. Otherwise it'll be, "oh, Tech just pulled it out because ND has lost two starters".

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Well, we don't have to score 60, but we do (and should) need to win by 2-3 TDs. Otherwise it'll be, "oh, Tech just pulled it out because ND has lost two starters".
Even if (when) we blow them out that'll be the narrative. I really hope we have an offensive explosion and quiet the doubters of our offense (isn't it crazy how there are still doubters?).

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Wish someone would start a thread on which teams ranked ahead of Tech you think Tech would beat soundly.
For me it would actually be most of the teams.
At this point I could see Tech only having trouble with Ohio State, Michigan State, Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. Everyone else I think we destroy pretty much the way we did Mississippi State. So that puts us in at least the top ten, maybe even number 6.
Depends upon our D. TCU and Baylor could be shoot outs. We take one game at a time. Polls don't mean anything. What counts is what is done on the field. We have answered a lot of questions about AB, BB and WR, Now we see how we stand up to to all the 5 star players ND thinks are so good. I foresee a 45 to 24 licking for the fish eaters.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Jacksonville St has a lot of D1 talent on their D. A lot of junior college players who couldn't cut it originally in the class room. Don't be fooled they nasty.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Yep, the only team with a bigger reason to protest is Oklahoma.
And of the five teams listed above, the only one that doesn't belong is UGA. I'm not saying that cause I don't like the. Either. They didn't complete a pass until the third quarter. You do that against this years GT squad you'll be down 28-0 or better.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
None of these rankings matter. The next few weeks will decide where we are going. ND, Duke and UNC are the keys. We need to be undefeated when we play Clem's son. A victory there will vault us into CFP discussion.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Jacksonville St has a lot of D1 talent on their D. A lot of junior college players who couldn't cut it originally in the class room. Don't be fooled they nasty.
Bring on Jax State! After that Berry College who won this weekend by the way.