New beginnings

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So, here comes a breath of fresh air, but unfortunately we are still in the middle of a turd farm of a season. Let's rally behind OUR TEAM. The young men who, despite the record, are going out and still playing for the interlocking G & T. The coaches who instruct them have seen the threat of having to move their families again is real. I hate things happened the way they did, but I'll forever bleed White & Gold, and occasionally Navy. We got a tough tough game this weekend. Then we get Puke before a well deserved break. Wear your GT gear proud because we will come back and be a force in our current conference and, that year we get all the bounces, nationally.
Go Georgia Tech and THWg!

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
So, here comes a breath of fresh air, but unfortunately we are still in the middle of a turd farm of a season. Let's rally behind OUR TEAM. The young men who, despite the record, are going out and still playing for the interlocking G & T. The coaches who instruct them have seen the threat of having to move their families again is real. I hate things happened the way they did, but I'll forever bleed White & Gold, and occasionally Navy. We got a tough tough game this weekend. Then we get Puke before a well deserved break. Wear your GT gear proud because we will come back and be a force in our current conference and, that year we get all the bounces, nationally.
YES!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Agree, the team needs our support and I truly hope we dont see a mass Exodus from them . But they have to know the school is putting them in a better spot for success
They need to run off the soft ones, keep the ones like McCollum that give max effort every play. No more loafing, failing to know your playbook, etc. We need to get back to blue collar football & get rid of the disco dance boys.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
They need to run off the soft ones, keep the ones like McCollum that give max effort every play. No more loafing, failing to know your playbook, etc. We need to get back to blue collar football & get rid of the disco dance boys.
Just total speculation from me, but there are a few players that I think will definitely transfer. I think by the Duke game we could see some changes in playing time. Maybe by Pitt.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Just total speculation from me, but there are a few players that I think will definitely transfer. I think by the Duke game we could see some changes in playing time. Maybe by Pitt.
We've seen plenty of transfers of good talent with CGC. I'd rather have transfers without him than with him.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
25. Supporters. I’m very proud of each one you for showing support for our team and the institution

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mass exodus may not be the worst thing. Next coach needs to have the scholarships to bring in his guys… but there are challenges with transferring in older (non-graduate) guys to Tech because of the lack of majors.
The prez must say he is responsible and thread the needle.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

This man just outed himself as our burner account. It's like he reached into our cerebral cortex and snatched words out indiscriminately. I wish we could like this post twice.

Ah well, instead of a 'double-like', @TooTall will have to settle for an honorary position as assistant ... to the #get-bak! coach.

The position comes with all the honor, but none of the glory, of the official #get-bak! position. It is a privately coveted title, which makes you the envy of all your peers. But, let's be honest, they're no longer your peers. They now refer to you as their better.

Congratulations....

kalld12

Banned
Mass exodus may not be the worst thing. Next coach needs to have the scholarships to bring in his guys… but there are challenges with transferring in older (non-graduate) guys to Tech because of the lack of majors.
Ehhhh i diasagree, a mass exodus sets us back at least 2-3 more years. Our talent on the current roster believe or not is on par with the ACC and the roster we had 4 years ago after Johnson (no disrespect) was not equipped for a pro style offense. Fast forward 4 years the win loss column didnt come close, but the on field talent definitely improved. We finally have some big bodies and frame on the team with length. If coached properly with the hiring of new coach we may be able to expedite the transition and not set ourselves back so far. I'm hoping we can retain Keion White and some of the other big bodies that have impressed me this year.

We cant afford to lose 20-30% of current roster! Need to find a way to keep the players and us finding the right coach is KEY to retaining players. Deion would be perfect!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Ehhhh i diasagree, a mass exodus sets us back at least 2-3 more years. Our talent on the current roster believe or not is on par with the ACC and the roster we had 4 years ago after Johnson (no disrespect) was not equipped for a pro style offense. Fast forward 4 years the win loss column didnt come close, but the on field talent definitely improved. We finally have some big bodies and frame on the team with length. If coached properly with the hiring of new coach we may be able to expedite the transition and not set ourselves back so far. I'm hoping we can retain Keion White and some of the other big bodies that have impressed me this year.

We cant afford to lose 20-30% of current roster! Need to find a way to keep the players and us finding the right coach is KEY to retaining players. Deion would be perfect!

Unfortunately White is a super senior playing his last year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

The roster might be more equipped for running a pro style offense now, but I'm not sure the talent is really improved. Sure that's what 247 says, but having watched us play, I frankly do not see much in the way of NFL-level prospects. Of course, the coaching just might have been that bad that it minimized almost all talent.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
This is my first post in many years after running afoul of the thought police, which was about as easy as getting fat in a twinkie factory while G***** C****** was coach...

With his departure, and that of the AD, I can finally hope that better days lie ahead...

I appreciate that many here were disenchanted with CPJ and his scheme, and many were captivated by Skinny Jeans, area codes, jazz hands, and impossible math (110% effort)... I hoped we would have excelled at playing football in addition to excelling at excellence, but that just didn't seem to pan out...

IMHO, GT was fortunate to have, for a time, a coach who demonstrated how a scheme that cuts against the grain can even the playing field for a team that is otherwise at a significant disadvantage to its peers, primarily in terms of resources and academic rigor... And often as this has been demonstrated - primarily at smaller schools and at the service academies - some still seem to believe that GT can out-Clemson/UGag/Alabama Clemson/Ugag/Alabama by doing what they do...

I hope that the lesson we learn from the last few years is not just that the staff was inept and incapable - I hope we learned that we have to even the playing field by running schemes that maximize the performance of the players we have on our team...

I am sure most have seen the movie, but this is a primary lesson of "Moneyball" - the fact that "poor" teams can't win by trying to mimic "rich" teams...

In any case, I would be thrilled if CJM was our next hire - but I respect those who believe differently, and I appreciate the fact that Triple Option schemes, run exclusively, suffer from a stigma... I can understand why many were glad to see CPJ retire and were thrilled with the G***** C******* sizzle - I get it...

What I hope for now, at least at this point, is a CGO-type of figure, and at least as far as offensive scheme is concerned, something cut from the CRF cloth - eclectic, dynamic, unpredictable, incorporating a smattering of the best from a range of diverse schemes... Some time ago, I watched an offensive series with Lil' Joe at the helm, and on one down, we lined up in a one-back pro set, and on the next in the classic CPJ flexbone...

Whatever we do, I just hope we do incorporate option schemes into our offense, just as Ross and Friedgen did before Johnson... Nothing is, at least in my view, more entertaining to watch, and nothing will do more to even the field, so to speak, than being to run some form of option consistently and effectively when the situation suits it...

This is a great day, and I am looking forward to awakening from the nightmare of the last several years... It's been miserable, having no qualms about spending Falls Saturdays fishing, hiking, or working in the yard - I can't wait to have GT football again displace all of the other, less important things I like to do on a fall Saturday...

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Being the age that I am, I've watched us do this dance so many times I don't get real optimistic anymore, just ho hum, here we go again. Just a new version of the same thing I'm guessing. I truly believe there is a gold mine that will never be discovered. That's sad but It is what it is as CPJ used to say.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Being the age that I am, I've watched us do this dance so many times I don't get real optimistic anymore, just ho hum, here we go again. Just a new version of the same thing I'm guessing. I truly believe there is a gold mine that will never be discovered. That's sad but It is what it is as CPJ used to say.
yep, it can be acrap-shoot
GC wasn't my first choice but I certainly didn't think he would lay a t---- like he did.The next guy will have a tough time probably rebuilding not only the roster but the interest.Maybe we will strike gold but atleast there is a low bar.