New Assistant AD for Communications/PR

He left to pursue his PhD.
OK. So I guess he left on good terms. I exchanged some communications with him last Fall and even spoke to him on the phone once. We were supposed to get together once when he came to Augusta, but he ended up not having time. I had originally contacted him with a big complaint, so initially we didn't get off to a good start. But talking with him pretty much ironed things out, and he came across as a pretty nice guy. I hope he does well.

Yes, he's been pretty vocal (and unprofessional) on Twitter about being asked to leave.
Hmm. Very interesting. FWIW, the reason I spoke to him on the phone last year was because I had written him a letter (not an email) complaining about a decision that he had made regarding in-state media coverage. After 3 weeks with no response, I emailed him, asking if I needed to write MBob. He IMMEDIATELY responded, and in his response, he said he was so ticked off by my letter, that he threw it in the trash. I guess that's the kind of professionalism he has shown in his Tweets. Like I said, we ultimately spoke on the phone and ironed things out, but I still couldn't get over the fact that he not only ignored my initial letter, but threw it in the trash (and actually admitted that).

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't seem immature to me. Just honest. It seems strange to put it out there, but I'm older than the social media age so I don't know what's normal.
Agree, putting a lot out there. There was stuff like this too, which rubbed me the wrong way as well. Not the way most people would handle it (especially if you're looking for another job). In any case, it's time to move on.

Agree, putting a lot out there. There was stuff like this too, which rubbed me the wrong way as well. Not the way most people would handle it (especially if you're looking for another job). In any case, it's time to move on.

Yeah, those two are a little worse than the others were. I know a lot of people apparently liked his predecessor, Dean Buchan, but I think Yandle did a better job than him. I hope Flynn surpasses them both.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Buchan also was not retained, I believe. I met Dean a time or two. Didn't get off to a great start but later on he was very accommodating and open with me.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yandle was terrible. He was banned from following football by PJ and that was supposed to be his #1 priority. We need as much media support as we can from the state and Yandle blew off anyone he considered small. Flynn should be a huge upgrade.