New ACC Schedule Format Reveal

Do you wish that Clemson was kept as a protected annual rival?

• Yes

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 46 33.6%

• Total voters

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone think UNC will ask the ACC to take us off their schedule every year.
I wouldn’t be surprised, lol. We’ve simply had their number year after year… except for our elite teams

Yesterday, Stanford and Cal fought valiantly too. And SMU killed someone earlier in the week. It’s fair to say no team is a gimme.

slugboy

Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised, lol. We’ve simply had their number year after year… except for our elite teams

Yesterday, Stanford and Cal fought valiantly too. And SMU killed someone earlier in the week. It’s fair to say no team is a gimme.
Cal lost 50-49 against ranked USC, when they missed the two point conversion

Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am hoping we get our requested tie in to one of the California programs.

Think there is a lot of value to getting a recruiting trip to the west coast each each and easy to sell kids to go play in California (maybe even early September) instead of the muggy hot south.

Selfishly I am also looking forward to the ACC mini camp idea they floated for Texas. It’s a nice drive over from Houston.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
No more annual game against Clemson! Wow! Too bad they are getting ****ty again when we lose it.

We also lost our annual games against WF and Louisville. We have no annual protected matchups.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
They are revealing now.

GT has no protected rivalries, so will not be playing any team every year.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It has been released on the website now, even though the TV show is still just revealing things.

In 2024 GT has:

Home: Duke, Miami, SMU, FSU (in Ireland)
Away: Louisville, UNC, Syracuse, VT

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got to get eye balls on tv.

Is it correct to say
We have no rivalries worthy of advance schedule TO BE EVERY YEAR.

Lets just win

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's NC State, not SMU in 2024.

That is a TOUGH schedule by 2023 results. You're basically playing the Top 7 of the ACC plus Syracuse. Plus Notre Dame and Pups.