New ACC Schedule Format Reveal

Do you wish that Clemson was kept as a protected annual rival?

• Yes

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 46 33.6%

• Total voters

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Will it just be our opponents or will they have the actual dates set too? I know some conferences like the B10 and SEC have their schedules set a few years out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Will it just be our opponents or will they have the actual dates set too? I know some conferences like the B10 and SEC have their schedules set a few years out.
Neither. It’s a reveal of the format. At most I expect we will learn the revised permanent rivalries and then an overview of how schedules will be optimized and rotated.

I suppose they could surprise me, but I expect that our opponents and dates for next year will come later.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Neither. It’s a reveal of the format. At most I expect we will learn the revised permanent rivalries and then an overview of how schedules will be optimized and rotated.

I suppose they could surprise me, but I expect that our opponents and dates for next year will come later.
Agreed. This is a "model release" so they'll just describe permanent rivalries, how often we'll play other teams, and travel protocol for the West Coast.

I doubt it will be particularly revealing, as the commissioner already tipped his hand. One trip to the west coast every other year for the old guard.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Back on topic. Anyone want to guess at the number of conference games?
7, 8, 9, 10?
And where does ND fit in?
I heard (somewhere) that the ACC would stick with 8 conference games. At least for a while.

ND will continue playing five ACC opponents in non-conference games. Stanford and Cal can schedule ND in the years they are not in the ND rotation. Those games will not count toward the five contracted ND games.

slugboy

Staff member
Have you been to SF recently?
You should go. Dollaritas are back.

(Credit to Bluesky.app)

IMG_0338.jpeg

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
If I was gonna fly in to go to a game at Stanford, though, I'd suggest considering something a bit different, like fly into San Jose and then stay near Half Moon Bay. Probably too much of a drive to Cal, but a nice change of pace from the peninsula burbs.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone think UNC will ask the ACC to take us off their schedule every year.
They should. We seem to own them.

It turns my stomach a little to say this but it reminds me of years past in which uga used to beat Tech even when we had a better team. It can really start to get in your head as a program.