Neon Deion

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He probably ends up at FSU if Norvell(sp?) is bought out in a couple of years. They don't have much patience in Tallahassee. Will take the best players with him from JSU. Transfers are real easy now. Best not to schedule that team for a while. Great band though.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
He probably ends up at FSU if Norvell(sp?) is bought out in a couple of years. They don't have much patience in Tallahassee. Will take the best players with him from JSU. Transfers are real easy now. Best not to schedule that team for a while. Great band though.
They had patience enough to just give Norvell an extension 🤯 unlike how they got rid of Taggart after 3 yrs.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Total 5* recruits signed out of high school:

Jackson State - 1
GT - 0
Sure, but Jackson State orchestrated a 1.5 mil NIL deal through barstool sports. That's the only reason this happened. That's money that not even a lot of big programs could produce for one player quickly.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to be a bazillionaire to throw some NIL money at players to get them to come to The Flats. Well, there's lots of reason's I'd love to be a bazillionaire, but that's one of them! ;)

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sanders isn’t going anywhere anytime soon - at least not by choice. I don’t think he cares to coach at Power 5. His whole platform is “you don’t need Power 5” to go pro. He’s doing great things for SWAC and HBCU programs, I admire it and want to see how far he takes it.
It was reported that Deion interviewed at TCU. So, maybe he wants to get out of MS and come to a big city and if not Big D, then ATL

slugboy

Staff member
Sure, but Jackson State orchestrated a 1.5 mil NIL deal through barstool sports. That's the only reason this happened. That's money that not even a lot of big programs could produce for one player quickly.

There might be a NIL deal like that, but Jackson State has denied that it exists: https://www.clarionledger.com/story...-deal-barstool-sports-source-says/8914889002/.

Deion Sanders has personally denied it: https://www.clarionledger.com/story...nter-has-nil-deal-barstool-sports/8925573002/

If it turns out to be true, they'll have a lot of explaining to do, but as of right now the story is rooted in a tweet by a rogue Twitter account out there.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
That NIL story was started by a person with a fake Twitter account posing as a reporter. Funny how so many ran with it as the "only" reason the kid chose Jackson State, which I'm sure was the point/purpose.