1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Need to mention #73, Zach Quinney ...

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by GTRambler, Nov 2, 2018.

1. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

Quinney, a redshirt freshman, has been doing a fine job as a starting offensive tackle over the past several games. He performed especially well against VT last week.

He’s 6-6 and 276, and comes from Savannah Christian Prep in Savannah, Georgia. Quinney was named to the Georgia all-state team twice during his last two years in high school. Plus, he was a honors student in high school, to boot.

After redshirting last year, he’s now earned one of the starting spots on GT’s offensive line. Rarely do I see a redshirt freshman start on the OL in CPJ’s spread option system, and I believe this is worthy to note.

2. Dottie1145

Dottie1145 Helluva Engineer

The only reason he hasn’t been brought up is because of how nasty we’ve been at G-C-G, Quinney definitely deserves more recognition.

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I’m not sure what’s going on with Will Bryan, if he’s still hurt or not, but the emergence of guys like Quinney and Hansen has been a godsend for our offensive line this year. I think we are a lot better when we can give guys a breather and they don’t get worn down playing every snap.

chewybaka and Yaller Jacket like this.
  4. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

I agree with your response. And I have given some good thoughts on Quinney also! He very well could be a 4 yr starter! But at the same time that G C G part of the unit might vert well become the very best at those positions in CPJ's tenure here!! And that saying a LOT !! Now Quinney and Lee coming back at the T pos. could make that statement for the whole offensive line!! That would become really special!!!!

MidtownJacket likes this.
  5. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

This OLine unit is the best I have seen under CPJ at GT from the eyetest. Let's hope that plays out and shows up on the stat sheet and W/L Column

6. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

I agree Hansen and Quinney have been the big surprises on the OL this year. Both of these guys certainly have been gaining some valuable game experience lately.

With Cooper back at C and Lee back to his customary OT spot (the other tackle position opposite Quinney), things are definitely looking up. Marshall’s return from injury has also helped, too.

Hopefully the unit can remain cohesive and stay injury-free for the remaining games this season.

Dottie1145 likes this.
  7. Yaller Jacket

Yaller Jacket Helluva Engineer

Whatever we do, let's be sure not to say anything nice about Sewak. Remember, his name is only mentioned after a bad game by the O-line.

Silk3, CHE90, Whiskey_Clear and 2 others like this.
  8. Jacketman1

Jacketman1 Helluva Engineer

GT14 likes this.
  9. Southpaw13

Southpaw13 Helluva Engineer

Pretty awesome to see both him and Hansen getting meaningful snaps as freshmen... both lower end 3 star additions... I believe Hansen was a 2 star before committing and after further evaluation was elevated to 3. Both seem like great kids and I'm happy to see them helping contribute early.

We have the chance to have a very special OL next year if we can keep everyone healthy... Hansen, Quinney, Braun, Lee, Morgan's all returning, plus a good number coming behind them for depth.

10. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

Quinney-Braun-Cooper-Hanson-Lee none of them graduate this year either

Dottie1145 likes this.