ND - What's in it for me?

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I have heard varying accounts of how much of the ND TV money the ACC gets. Does anyone know the percentage; and how much of the ND playoff money the ACC gets?

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Not as much of a difference as I thought. Last year the ACC got a base payment of $66M, plus $6M for Clemson being in the playoffs, plus $27.5M for Virginia to be in the Orange bowl. So, if it is the same as last year, ND making it only adds $6M. The payout may be somewhat less this year due to ticket sales. ND should add about $4M to the base payment, then each school will get 1/15 of total. The league also gets about $7M for bowl expenses for the teams.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have heard varying accounts of how much of the ND TV money the ACC gets. Does anyone know the percentage; and how much of the ND playoff money the ACC gets?
All of ND tv$ go to the conference this year and ND gets a 100% payout instead of 20% from the conference.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
You get to tell your friends next year we are one of only two teams that’s playing 2 participants (ND and Clemson) in last years CFP......
The other is FSU.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
The ND partial membership is absolutely beneficial to the ACC. I am glad they are in. It’s reflected in the TV deal ($$$) and everyone gets marquee football games, national TV, sold out etc when they play. Having them even as partial members is a coup for the league.