ND 61 GT 5; Cry Me A River

Why doesn't ND talent do better?

• Incompetent coaching

• Saving themselves for the NFL

• Not used to having to work (Arts & Letters degrees)

• Believing their media hype

• All of the above

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of Tech fans love to try to completely recruiting services for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because we've had some low-rated players turn out really good or if it's just envy of other teams that are 4 and 5 star players from top to bottom.

As others have said, the services get it right most of the time, and if you think our team wouldn't be better with top recruits on either side of the ball them you're in denial. Imagine a 5 star like Nick Chubb at b-back for us. I love me some Skov and Marshall, but Chubb would unquestionably be better.

That being said, having a team of top recruits would be a bit stale because we wouldn't have any guys like PJ Davis or Shaq Mason who totally blow past expectations.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As others have said, the services get it right most of the time, and if you think our team wouldn't be better with top recruits on either side of the ball them you're in denial.
This is where I think the logic gets lost in the semantics. Tech may already be getting top recruits who do not have high star rankings.

Yes, Tech will always do better with top recruits. No, getting top recruits does not always mean getting 4&5 star players.

That is why I suggested that the rating services mostly get it right but where they get it wrong is where CPJ thrives. He is already bringing in lots of 4 & 5 star recruits, they just don't have the stars to prove it. But put them in an Orange Bowl against other 4 & 5 star recruits and you get a better indication of maybe what their star rating should have been.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Just saying. 17 of the 32 first round nfl picks this past season were 2 or 3 star recruits coming out of highschool. We tend to get "star" envy.
I liked CPJ's recent comments about this. What he is looking for are players who show that they can keep getting better at each level of competition. He said the guy who was a star in high school may not be willing to work as hard in college to get to the next level. He is not interested in those kinds of players.