NCState coach discusses Tech

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Or from a different perspective...perhaps he's saying that our offense is too complicated for his scout team to learn the blocking techniques we use and that he's not confident his scout team could employ these techniques with little practice without hurting someone on his defense.

I see it as somewhat of a compliment to us and a slight to his scout team.
This is how I see this as well. I don't think he's slamming our cut blocking at all. You're not gonna spend your offseason teaching your scout team how to properly cut block. If you try and practice it during the one week prior to playing us there's a very good chance those improper cut blocks will turn into chop blocks and tear up your starting defensive lineman's knee.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think CPJ has gotten into the heads of many, which is good, regarding cut blocks. We are NOT the only team that uses cut blocks. Watch an NFL game...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you can't tell that the opposing ACC coaches are locked in on defeating Johnson via rules changes rather than on the field action...you're not paying attention.

Numbers- where do you find the stats? How many rushing plays ( rushing yards gained) by gt offense verses how many cut " serious" cut block injuries to defender? Ditto The ACC?
When the acc whiners meet to complain - we will need this number. In fact we should have this now and put it in public.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
its a tired thing, talking about cut blocks. at this point, i'm not sure if it perpetuated by coaches or media, but it would be nice for it to stop. the response among option team's fans is pretty tired too, so no need to go into it.

in the end, losing sucks. i get the need for fans to "explain away" losses...its the refs, our team's lack of focus, etc, ANYTHING other than just getting your *** kicked...but coaches need to quit with the drama and excuses after a loss, and even more so before a future loss.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
55940037.jpg

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
It would not surprise me if NC State's coach is saying one thing, but practicing another. For all we know NC State spent part of pre-season practice on the triple option... why would they tip their hand?

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
It would not surprise me if NC State's coach is saying one thing, but practicing another. For all we know NC State spent part of pre-season practice on the triple option... why would they tip their hand?

Why though? NC State won't face GT until 2019, and this isn't exactly a year they're fighting for a championship? It would not surprise me if the NCSU coaches are almost conceding this game and focusing on Wake Forest to get to bowl eligibility. I would imagine this week's practice is more about practicing good fundamentals and eliminating execution mistakes on offense. They'll emphasize that eliminating mistakes is the best way to beat us on O and on D, as a cover up for not really scheming hard against what we do.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why though? NC State won't face GT until 2019, and this isn't exactly a year they're fighting for a championship? It would not surprise me if the NCSU coaches are almost conceding this game and focusing on Wake Forest to get to bowl eligibility. I would imagine this week's practice is more about practicing good fundamentals and eliminating execution mistakes on offense. They'll emphasize that eliminating mistakes is the best way to beat us on O and on D, as a cover up for not really scheming hard against what we do.

I don't know what their coaches and team are expecting, but the NC State fans I know expect a loss. There is no way NC State focused on us pre-season; getting to bowl eligibility (think Military Bowl) is far more important.

I hope NC State does go to a bowl. Just not by beating us.

I respect their fan base a lot; they fill the stadium most games. At over 50K attendance average for home games this year ( http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/team/490/index.html ) they come out and root for their team in a very civil way. Plus they have the great policy of allowing people to leave the stadium and reenter during half time. It makes the tailgating experience even better. Maybe not optimum for the football team, but it fills the stands.

Animal02

Banned
I don't know what their coaches and team are expecting, but the NC State fans I know expect a loss. There is no way NC State focused on us pre-season; getting to bowl eligibility (think Military Bowl) is far more important.

I respect their fan base a lot; they fill the stadium most games. At over 50K attendance average for home games this year ( http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/team/490/index.html ) they come out and root for their team in a very civil way. Plus they have the great policy of allowing people to leave the stadium and reenter during half time. It makes the tailgating experience even better. Maybe not optimum for the football team, but it fills the stands.

One the NCST forums.....most are expecting to get crushed.....with a few Chip Diller types wishing for a razor thin victory.

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan

Clemson also has the policy of allowing people to leave the stadium and reenter during half time. I went and did that with a Clemson fan last year. He said they call it a "pass out".

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Off topic: didn't we have a WR de-commit and then go to NC State last year? What was his name?