NCAA Makes Changes in Game Day Rules

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See attached article concerning In-Helmet communication plus a two-minute warning before end of first half and end of game. Looks like NCAA is trying to join the modern age.

Attachments

• NCAA makes major changes to college football.pdf
    599.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Offenses will probably move even faster with less time for the defense to get set. The QB will be the audibling based on what he hears in his ear.
The question is when is the cut off. the reason you still see huddling in the nfl is because the the helmet cuts off at 10 seconds so the offense wants to get out there at times to keep a rook from being able to change things.

The thing i really wish we could have seen was CPJ with a direct feed to his QB.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
The question is when is the cut off. the reason you still see huddling in the nfl is because the the helmet cuts off at 10 seconds so the offense wants to get out there at times to keep a rook from being able to change things.

The thing i really wish we could have seen was CPJ with a direct feed to his QB.
I wonder if CPJ feels any temptation to come out of retirement to try his scheme with a direct link to the QB?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would hope communication is shut off once the play proceeds or otherwise the QB can be directed who is open in real time from a spotter.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
10-15 secs would maybe give the Off Coord time to communicate with the Qb who would be in a quick huddle, then hurry to the line, get one adjustment if necc and audible or signal it to the team

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The NFl shuts it off at 10 seconds i Imagine for colleges it might be 15 for safety reasons. (allowing the defense to actually get set.)
Actually the NFL shuts off communications when 15 seconds are left on the play clock or when the ball is snapped if the ball is snapped before the 15 second mark on the play clock.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Actually the NFL shuts off communications when 15 seconds are left on the play clock or when the ball is snapped if the ball is snapped before the 15 second mark on the play clock.

Is it 15 i remember payton saying 10. Maybe it has been updated.