NC State Game @ McCamish

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
7PM, ACC Network for those not able to watch live at McCamish Pavilion.

Can we break, the now, 3 game losing streak?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
State is playing well right now. More than just the Terquavion Smith show. Burns is enormous and has been surprisingly effective at both ends of the floor. Morsell & Joiner have been playing well and Ernest Ross was key in the win over Miami.

We can beat them, but we will have to play better than we have been and they will need to help with some poor shot selection, turnovers and/or foul trouble on key guys

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This may be Keatts best team at State and he put this together in one year. This team probably saves him. He was on a very hot seat after last year.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been following Keatts since his UNCW days and was really hoping we could land him after dismissing Gregory. I'm happy he's having success this season here in Raleigh.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I just get the sense that I’m watching an intramural basketball team. Sloppy. Coaching seems non existent. It’s sad. GT once had a team you could be proud of.

I continue to watch because it’s Tech, but the product on the court isn’t good.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Attendance like that hurts with recruiting. That game would be full of State fans if played in Raleigh. Too bad our program has sunk this low. No one cares to make an effort to come these days. I find it hard to believe we can't get at least 1000 students to an ACC game and the arena is on campus. Batt needs to find reasons for dismal attendance and I get the fact that the team is not competitive. It sure won't be if you lose home court advantage. I guess the easy answer is a coaching change. Has our fan base given up? Attendance says it has. I would attend games when Morrison was coach in the Metro League. Now that was bad basketball.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The reason(s) attendance is so bad are glaringly obvious: The team sucks and it’s boring as hell to watch.

I’m not saying the players as individuals suck, so don’t interpret it that way. The team as a whole, does suck though. If we utilized our players in a way that allowed them to play to their strengths, we might be pretty good. But we continue to try and force a 3-D cube into a 2-D circle. It just doesn’t work, and it’s not possible for it to work. But we keep doing it anyway.

I don’t expect us to be world beaters ever. I don’t even expect us to make the NIT every year. Even the best programs in the country will occasionally miss the big dance and the NIT in an off year. But I do expect us to not be the worst team in the bleeping conference for 2 consecutive years. What a joke that is. There are so many programs doing more with less than what GT has right now. We may be doing less with what we have to offer than literally anybody in the country over the last 7 years. Ironically UGA basketball is right there with us in that aspect. It’s too bad they seem to have gotten their **** together while we are going to be stuck with this joker (imagine having to censor the word “clown” lol) for another season, and then back to square 1.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We’re horrible and we continue to run this offense thru Howard who can’t shoot or handle the ball…makes no sense

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
The reason(s) attendance is so bad are glaringly obvious: The team sucks and it’s boring as hell to watch.

I’m not saying the players as individuals suck, so don’t interpret it that way. The team as a whole, does suck though. If we utilized our players in a way that allowed them to play to their strengths, we might be pretty good. But we continue to try and force a 3-D cube into a 2-D circle. It just doesn’t work, and it’s not possible for it to work. But we keep doing it anyway.

I don’t expect us to be world beaters ever. I don’t even expect us to make the NIT every year. Even the best programs in the country will occasionally miss the big dance and the NIT in an off year. But I do expect us to not be the worst team in the bleeping conference for 2 consecutive years. What a joke that is. There are so many programs doing more with less than what GT has right now. We may be doing less with what we have to offer than literally anybody in the country over the last 7 years. Ironically UGA basketball is right there with us in that aspect. It’s too bad they seem to have gotten their **** together while we are going to be stuck with this joker (imagine having to censor the word “clown” lol) for another season, and then back to square 1.
Correction, Sir. Second worst in the league two years running.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Attendance like that hurts with recruiting. That game would be full of State fans if played in Raleigh. Too bad our program has sunk this low. No one cares to make an effort to come these days. I find it hard to believe we can't get at least 1000 students to an ACC game and the arena is on campus. Batt needs to find reasons for dismal attendance and I get the fact that the team is not competitive. It sure won't be if you lose home court advantage. I guess the easy answer is a coaching change. Has our fan base given up? Attendance says it has. I would attend games when Morrison was coach in the Metro League. Now that was bad basketball.
You get what you pay for and GT decided a long time ago what it would be. No one stays or drives in to the city to watch a loser- GT or Hawks. When I grew up during the Cremins years almost every game was sold out and students camped out to go. Have to win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have nothing to post but sadness and misery. I should just log off ....

... but there comes a point where these two pass each other:

A. Can't afford to make a change and
B. Can't afford not to.