Nazir Burnett Transferring to Temple

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He is looking to next year when we have Camp coming back, plus Ezzard, plus 3-4 WRs rated higher as recruits. Would bet good money this is mutual.
So Camp, Cooper, and Jaz Lee WANT TO COMEBACK. That's seems to me a vote of confidence in the cgc system - they are COMMITTED. .

I will look into the other side

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if a potential move of TO to WR also played into this? Perhaps seeing JC returning, ME getting eligible, TO being on the field a lot as well as AB seeming to have locked down the slot.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't it make more sense to burn the shirt this year and have it available for the sit out year?

RS'ing this year leaves open the possibility of having 4 to play 4 if he can somehow get immediately eligible. If not he'll have 3 to play 3 regardless. If he's made up his mind to transfer then he should let the coaches know so they can plan accordingly (both recruiting and getting players experience). He could have hid the fact he was transferring, gotten as much experience (for whatever that would be worth for him), and then transferred at the end of the year but that would be a little scummy. It's also possible the coaches had already decided to redshirt him and the point is moot.

Overall if you already know your transferring, there's no real reason to stay on the team imo so the redshirt makes sense.

GTFLETCH

Banned
With the press coverage on Tobias moving to WR, basically we can assume that Coach Collins had some explaining to do to this young man, and it did not go well. Hopefully this is not a sign on how Coach recruits...Hopefully this is the only CGC recruit to transfer or one of a few.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we need to speculate about competition driving it. His step-father said distance from home is the driver. Ma Tech being Ma Tech drives missing ma.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Kids go away to college and get homesick. Happens every year at every school in the country. Happens across the student body, and happens with student athletes. There is nothing wrong with it either.

A lot of the speculation in this thread is pure ignorance.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With the press coverage on Tobias moving to WR, basically we can assume that Coach Collins had some explaining to do to this young man, and it did not go well. Hopefully this is not a sign on how Coach recruits...Hopefully this is the only CGC recruit to transfer or one of a few.

Did you not read the article?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I always hate to see the kids who sign with us then leave for any reason . They made a decision and then for whatever reason it didn't work out. This is true for regular students as well. Reality of the situation doesn't always meet expectations. I hope this works out for him in the long run.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
More than happy for the staff to be supportive in SAs finding the best opportunities for them to excel in life. That includes academics, personal, and football. It appears the design of how we do things off the field is to best develop our guys in all those spheres, and as a consequence we are giving more tools and perspective to the SAs to understand where they fit on the team. So long as we provide no pressure to get a player who is following the rules to transfer, I'm proud of our program helping these young men succeed in life even when that is not at Tech. It would be very short sighted to think everyone was better off at Tech, which doesn't conflict with our quest to be the best.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
BTW, before the UNC game last weekend, I swear that his name showed up on the ATL receivers list that rolls up on the jumbotron at Bobby Dodd Stadium. I commented on that to a couple of folks, however they didn't know that he had already requested to be put in the portal.
:SMH

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If these guys want to come back then we need to take them. We have a real hole in the line with experience. We can't expect freshmen to be ready out of high school. Maybe one or two might help if they enroll early.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This guy had a strong hi school tape as a route runner.Got caught in a traffic jam here.-I'd trade 3 of our WRs (we'll have 8) for next yr for ONE good OL.