Nathan Cottrell accepted to GT Bldg Construction Grad School (Link)

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The building construction degree is another path that should be highlighted for athletes.....since it is part of the College of Architecture (now renamed "Design") I know a few years from the program that have eventually become real estate developers and are quite well off.
Is there still a Facilities Management Masters program?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I have no idea. At the time I was there, I really had no clue what to the BC department offered......I may have been incline to switch over since I am more a nuts and bolts person than designer.
It’s a program that started only about 10-12 years ago. I came this close to enrolling in it but after doing the numbers I was so far in my career that the numbers said don’t do it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Always liked Cottrell.
Was excited when he was being recruited. Good for him.

Football observation. He seemed more slippery as a runner to me before he broke his leg. He is still fast but his running doesn't seem as fluid and he is pretty much north-south. Did anyone else notice a difference before and after his broken leg?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Always liked Cottrell.
Was excited when he was being recruited. Good for him.

Football observation. He seemed more slippery as a runner to me before he broke his leg. He is still fast but his running doesn't seem as fluid and he is pretty much north-south. Did anyone else notice a difference before and after his broken leg?
Did he play in college before he got hurt?

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
The building construction degree is another path that should be highlighted for athletes.....since it is part of the College of Architecture (now renamed "Design") I know a few years from the program that have eventually become real estate developers and are quite well off.
Agree 100%. With all the development going on in Atlanta, it would be easy to show a recruit some impressive projects, shake hands with a GT alum who’s involved. Paired with our management program, looks like an interesting career path that doesn’t seem like “rocket science”.

Animal02

Banned
Agree 100%. With all the development going on in Atlanta, it would be easy to show a recruit some impressive projects, shake hands with a GT alum who’s involved. Paired with our management program, looks like an interesting career path that doesn’t seem like “rocket science”.
Seems like it would be an easy thing to arrange internships or even part time work. What construction site doesn't need a little extra muscle now and then?

DeepSnap

GT Athlete

In the dirty world of recruiting these days, this kind of alumni contact is strictly verboten. Incidental contact, however innocuous & innocent, isn't viewed that way by the NCAA clowns in Indianapolis.[/ALLITERATION OFF;)] Too many $100 handshakes by OKST, Texas, Bama, Awbie, et al alumni "officially" ended (wink, wink) this practice in the '80s.

Seems like it would be an easy thing to arrange internships or even part time work. What construction site doesn't need a little extra muscle now and then?

Can't do that for recruits. But if you've heard TStan speak about "internships" for our current Student-Athletes, the GTAA no longer gets S-A's jobs working for Delta as baggage handlers - they get them internships in the corporate offices of Delta, or CocaCola, or WaffleHouse, or whatever Dewberry's real estate management firm is called, to name a few well-publicized summer placements. Talking about it in the recruitment process is certainly permissible.

Animal02

Banned
In the dirty world of recruiting these days, this kind of alumni contact is strictly verboten. Incidental contact, however innocuous & innocent, isn't viewed that way by the NCAA clowns in Indianapolis.[/ALLITERATION OFF;)] Too many $100 handshakes by OKST, Texas, Bama, Awbie, et al alumni "officially" ended (wink, wink) this practice in the '80s.

Can't do that for recruits. But if you've heard TStan speak about "internships" for our current Student-Athletes, the GTAA no longer gets S-A's jobs working for Delta as baggage handlers - they get them internships in the corporate offices of Delta, or CocaCola, or WaffleHouse, or whatever Dewberry's real estate management firm is called, to name a few well-publicized summer placements. Talking about it in the recruitment process is certainly permissible.
Did not mean to imply getting recruits internships. The Building Construction program was sort of the red headed step child when I was there. I think it could be a great alternate career path to pitch to athletes.....different from the management path and does not have the studio requirements that architects have.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did not mean to imply getting recruits internships. The Building Construction program was sort of the red headed step child when I was there. I think it could be a great alternate career path to pitch to athletes.....different from the management path and does not have the studio requirements that architects have.
Doesn’t it share the first two years curriculum with Arch like ID does?