Nate Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
He's banking on Dingle beign a missing piece in the middle. Domoneck also as well as swilling and curry both growing and Thomas becoming a force at jack and potentially having jaunyeh move to stinger.

Dingle is more likely to be a replacement for Anree than Brandt. He's already been playing DE this year....

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought dingle was a backer, my mistake.

Oh the recruitniks thought he was a LB (which he played in HS). Watching his movement and size on tape, I saw a college DE. He's not fast/quick enough to cover in space, imo. He looks great for what we're trying to do at DE though.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am on record for not being a huge fan of the CNW hire. It's not that I think he's a bad hire, I just was not and still am not completely sold that he was as good as many here thought he would be. My words were that he was a good hire, but not a great hire, with the chance of becoming a great hire. So far, I like what I see. He's showing improvement every week, and I can really only fault him for 14 of the 28 points last week. The defense is finding its way, and that is awesome to watch. I am prepared to eat crow in the next season or two if his defense continues to improve at this pace.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I would really feel bad for Woody if something occurs with CPJ stepping down or whatever would/could cause a transition in the short term and possibly leave Woody without a DC position at GT. I was at the Duke game on Saturday and I got fired up about the progress of the defense as the game went on outside of the 3 consecutive turnovers in short field situations. I thought he was going to body slam Alexander in the midst of trying to pull him away from the fight. He was very upset to say the least. So it's pretty clear that he intends for his players to play with passion and aggression within the rules of the game and maintaining self control despite what your opponent may be engaging in.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Easy there, Tennessee fans were saying the same thing about Butch Jones a few years ago.
Botch Jones went through two defensive coordinators in his five seasons as Tennessee head football coach John Jancek(2013-2015) and Bob Shoop(2016-2017). What did Botch Jones in was him hiring his buddies who were lousy coaches like Offensive coordinators Mike Bajakian(2013-2014)Mike Debord(2015) and former Miami interim head coach Larry Scott(2016-2017).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would really feel bad for Woody if something occurs with CPJ stepping down or whatever would/could cause a transition in the short term and possibly leave Woody without a DC position at GT. I was at the Duke game on Saturday and I got fired up about the progress of the defense as the game went on outside of the 3 consecutive turnovers in short field situations. I thought he was going to body slam Alexander in the midst of trying to pull him away from the fight. He was very upset to say the least. So it's pretty clear that he intends for his players to play with passion and aggression within the rules of the game and maintaining self control despite what your opponent may be engaging in.
Saw same thing. The slug was not needed to rescue 13. The bench sure got excited.
Hope he can build on that energy and keep it focused.
the last game could be fun

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Woody has been great, but Riase is also the unsung hero. The jump the DLine has made has been massive. Not just sacks and pressures but we aren't just getting pushed around anymore.

I don't think this can be said enough. Games are won and lost in the trenches and for sure we've been a lot better on the D-Line than in years past.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think this can be said enough. Games are won and lost in the trenches and for sure we've been a lot better on the D-Line than in years past.

Better due to scheme. They are coming into their own finally learning how to rush in this scheme with reckless abandon. In the past they were asked to pillow fight.

Man. Wish we had last years SRs on the backend on this years squad. Wouldn’t cure lb issues. But we would be a whole lot better on 3rd down

Status
Not open for further replies.