NASCAR Atlanta Finish

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple days late but that was one of the best races I've ever seen coupled with the best finish I've seen in person. If you're in the Atlanta area and aren't making it to that date on the calendar, you're missing out... the in-person experience is great at that track with tight pack racing on a much smaller track than Daytona/Talladega. Anybody else here make it?

Side note, I saw as much GT gear at the race as UGA gear. Hoping this is a sign we are getting back in touch with the casual fan!

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
So who won? Was the announcer correct?
The announcer was not correct lol. Originally called Ryan Blaney (the #12 inside car) but timing loops and the finish photo confirmed it was Suarez (the #99 outside car). Second place was .003 seconds behind and #8 Kyle Busch in third was .007 seconds behind. Daniel Suarez is from Monterrey, Mexico so it's a pretty big deal to the international viewers of NASCAR.

1709046901563.png

CEB

Helluva Engineer
A couple days late but that was one of the best races I've ever seen coupled with the best finish I've seen in person. If you're in the Atlanta area and aren't making it to that date on the calendar, you're missing out... the in-person experience is great at that track with tight pack racing on a much smaller track than Daytona/Talladega. Anybody else here make it?

Side note, I saw as much GT gear at the race as UGA gear. Hoping this is a sign we are getting back in touch with the casual fan!

I used to go to these races all the time. When I was at Tech and a few years following, we made it an annual trip. That was when they ran ARCA on Friday, Busch on Saturday and Winston Cup on Sunday. We would roll in on Friday morning, throw up our tents, and start “pre-gaming” for ARCA. Bonfire, meat on a stick and canned food and beverages all weekend. Three straight race days and a three day bender. What a great time!
I can’t do one day of that anymore but I am sure the race atmosphere is no less impressive.

And a three wide photo finish?!? That stuff only happens in the movies! :D