Naim Mustafaa

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm sure you all remember this 2013 GT legacy recruit who chose UGA over GT (due to not having a math class needed) well he was a EE and at the last moment decided to enroll at Okie St in January instead of UGA. This Spring he played very well and showed how talented he was...Okie St announced today that he has left the team.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
proxy.jpg

Joe Speed tweeted this picture on the 17th of July.

Joe Speed@RamblinSpeedGreat hanging out w #gtlegends @joeham14, Mustafaa, davenport, khalif (Ambrose) #yearoftheswarm http://twitpic.com/d36iru

gtdrew

Banned
What are you basing this on?
Probably the wishy washy manner in which he made his college choice, not listening to his family, followed by his sudden departure from ok st.
If he can make the grades, i'd love to see him here. Could be a difference maker. Could see him being like Chris Jackson, where he has a set of requirements he has to maintain.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Commited to UGA then flipped to Okie State last minute. He said it was because of their hospitality program because he wants to run his own sports bar. It was really because he wasn't good enough or have the right stuff to get into UGA. Now he is leaving Okie State for who knows what. Now the rumors are that he is trying to come back to UGA or GT. I dont know if either one would take him.

gtdrew

Banned
He sounds like a pretty good example of how star rankings arent the whole story.

Having said that, based on his film, i'd take him in a heartbeat.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, what's the rule on something like this if Naim wanted to come to Tech? Would it be a transfer if he's simply withdrawn from the school?

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
So, what's the rule on something like this if Naim wanted to come to Tech? Would it be a transfer if he's simply withdrawn from the school?

Wherever he goes he will have to sit out a year. He enrolled and went through Spring ball with Okie St. Basically he will have to RS wherever he ends up and have 4 years to play.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure you all remember this 2013 GT legacy recruit who chose UGA over GT (due to not having a math class needed) well he was a EE and at the last moment decided to enroll at Okie St in January instead of UGA. This Spring he played very well and showed how talented he was...Okie St announced today that he has left the team.

Was that math class issue the inside information you had when you were with the 247 board last year?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Haha...there had been some rumor about it being academic or something else. All that was rumor. He just wasn't happy so that's why he is leaving the school.