Moving on..

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Anyone heard anything on Cameron Dollars prospects of coaching? If he leaves the first call should obviously be to Mr. White (not Harvey Keitel) and let's get some talent in here.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did you mean Cameron or Chad?

I agree.. Would like to give Sharman a look as well, but are we absolutely sold on his ability to recruit at a high level? That has to be a prerequisite for the next hire.

I think that he knows the game well, is a great teacher of the game, but being able to close big time recruits is something that he hasn't done in the past.

We could always move Herrion to assistant head coach, but if we do that, we must hire someone that is a closer on the recruiting trail.

Can Sharman White do that? I wouldn't be opposed to finding out.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Sharman is not the only option in state. Cabral Huff (formerly at St. Francis) is on staff at Georgia Southern and has good ties in state, specifically with Kobi Simmons. Only been at Southern 1 year, but could be worth a look if Gregory is looking at making some changes/additions to his staff.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I don't think CBG will be able to turn this fiasco around. However, stranger things have happened. I'm just glad its only 1 more season and we get happiness either way. Hopefully.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Nah, we are gonna have ride this situation out. We will be so bad after this season I think it will be tough for CBG to find other employment, given the state of things every ACC school will just have to say "Hes done in 3 when the contract runs out, who do you play for then?" and boom, recruit goes away from us.

We are possibly the 3rd of 4th best program in Georgia right now.

And you guys thought I was a glass half empty fella before...........

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah, we are gonna have ride this situation out. We will be so bad after this season I think it will be tough for CBG to find other employment, given the state of things every ACC school will just have to say "Hes done in 3 when the contract runs out, who do you play for then?" and boom, recruit goes away from us.

Yes. And now we know you finally finished the drink. ;)

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow

I see your point, but do 16 and 17 year olds even much worry about 3 years out? I didn't.

I'd rather opposing recruiters be able to say that, than have them say "He's gone in 1, who you gonna play for then?"

I was in my late teens in the early Triassic so yeah, the memory isn't real clear, but 1 year was still more immediate than 3. 3 was an eternity away.

Looking for any bright spot here.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So many outside influences though
I see your point, but do 16 and 17 year olds even much worry about 3 years out? I didn't.

I'd rather opposing recruiters be able to say that, than have them say "He's gone in 1, who you gonna play for then?"

I was in my late teens in the early Triassic so yeah, the memory isn't real clear, but 1 year was still more immediate than 3. 3 was an eternity away.

Looking for any bright spot here.