MOTOR FOR WINNING - Interview with Josh Pastner

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a great article. thank you for sharing it. I think these quotes summed up a lot about our coach....
"I don’t want entitlement—I want appreciation."

"The clincher is follow-up and follow-through"

" I learned that the No. 1 thing in being a good leader—a good coach—is self-awareness. I know what my strengths are, and the good Lord knows the thousands of weaknesses that I have. When I hired my staff, I consciously brought in people with the strengths to help me with my weaknesses."

" I worked for two elite guys and I learned a number of things from both. But I can’t be either one of them—I can’t even be a combination of the two of them. I have to be Josh Pastner."

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We all hope this was just perfect timing for all parties. Pastner needed a fresh start and we needed a coach with some success and experience at a bargain price who was willing to take a fixer upper program with kind of stagnant recruiting and fans who were becoming apathetic. The UNC win is a big win, but we usually surprise at least one team during the year. Hope we can keep it going because he's already got more quality wins this season than I expected.