Moses Wright

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Moses looked great last night. He had a play where he ran the fast break, crossed a defender while going behind the back, and got the assist. It was the 3rd straight possession he either scored or assisted.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He’s currently on a two-way contract with their G League affiliate. But he’s been fighting to keep that spot during the Summer League.
He was first team all G-League a year ago. I don’t think he’s fighting to keep that spot, he’s fighting for a spot on the regular season roster.

Unfortunately, he’ll need an injury or trade to open a spot. The Mavs have a lot of talent in the paint.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I saw the Lakers game.His team is not very good so he stands out a bit more.He does some good things in that league.He hustles a lot (although he let a guy slip in for an Off reb/score).He's developed that quick lefty shot from in close. and surprises guys. He's a bit weaker on DEf than I thought even with his quickness.I think he's got to get a dependable shot from 15 ft at least to stick with the bigs..

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

I had to laugh about the first paragraph's assertion that these stat lines were wildly different:

"After combining for only 19 points and just 10 rebounds in 30 minutes during the Dallas Mavericks’ first two summer league games, Wright sat out Tuesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns so he could clear his head. The strategy obviously worked as Wright powered his way to game highs of 26 points and 11 rebounds in only 25 minutes."

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the Lakers game.His team is not very good so he stands out a bit more.He does some good things in that league.He hustles a lot (although he let a guy slip in for an Off reb/score).He's developed that quick lefty shot from in close. and surprises guys. He's a bit weaker on DEf than I thought even with his quickness.I think he's got to get a dependable shot from 15 ft at least to stick with the bigs..
I’m disappointed that they have him at the 5 spot. He is often outsized there.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I had to laugh about the first paragraph's assertion that these stat lines were wildly different:

"After combining for only 19 points and just 10 rebounds in 30 minutes during the Dallas Mavericks’ first two summer league games, Wright sat out Tuesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns so he could clear his head. The strategy obviously worked as Wright powered his way to game highs of 26 points and 11 rebounds in only 25 minutes."
Going from 9.5 and 5 per game to 26 and 11 is a rather large difference.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

The former was in 2 games and the latter was in 1 game? If so, that is a big difference. If he was scoring and rebounding more in either of the first two games, he's probably have had more than 15 minutes in each. But I see your point about the humor. Not worded well for a journalist.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
He was first team all G-League a year ago. I don’t think he’s fighting to keep that spot, he’s fighting for a spot on the regular season roster.

Unfortunately, he’ll need an injury or trade to open a spot. The Mavs have a lot of talent in the paint.
I meant he was fighting to keep the 2-way spot. Which he was, because now he’s headed to China.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow

Looked at USA Today, the team is the Zhejiang Golden Bulls. Contracts for foreign players are typically in the $1-$3M range it sounds like. Not a bad salary at all.

Maybe they could use my skills being 5-9, 190, with a 22" vertical. But I can still dish (if I make it down the court). Sigh.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Where did you see that he was headed to China? Surprised NBA teams are letting him skate, but that must mean he got a huge payday.

I don’t know how many guys are getting two-way contracts in consecutive seasons. He played great in the G League last year, but I don’t know if he’s shown enough to be on the active roster. Especially after the (mostly) rough Summer League.

I’m sure he had his choice between any G League team, but can’t blame him for chasing the $ if he didn’t get a two-way offer.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I don’t know how many guys are getting two-way contracts in consecutive seasons. He played great in the G League last year, but I don’t know if he’s shown enough to be on the active roster. Especially after the (mostly) rough Summer League.

I’m sure he had his choice between any G League team, but can’t blame him for chasing the $ if he didn’t get a two-way offer.
Agreed..I wish him the best and congrats on getting paid. It would take an awful lot to get me to live / play in China.