Morgan Burnett has retired

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
1617060516283.png

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have had a number of good safeties over the years. MB was as good or better than anyone else we have had on the Flats including Ken Swilling, Chris Young, Jeremy Muyres, Don Bessilieu et al.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That was a good 11:27.

You forget how amazing Dwyer was. Man, if only PJ could have brought in more 4/5 star RBs.

How many future NFL players were on that UGA team?

You know what else is crazy. Look at how sloppy we were playing in that offense. Compare that with 2009 2011 or 2014 (or even 2018) When the offense absolutley clicking.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Best safety in my lifetime at Tech. Swilling was ok but second best and close to Burnett was Tavares Tillman, Tillman I don't think had as good of pro career. Landry was pretty good as well. .

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Best safety in my lifetime at Tech. Swilling was ok but second best and close to Burnett was Tavares Tillman, Tillman I don't think had as good of pro career. Landry was pretty good as well. .
Do I misremember or was Burnett not the guy who ran the punt back against Clemson in '08 or '09 at BD Stadium?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ken Swilling was the best safety ever to play at Tech. Unfortunately, he destroyed his ankle as a junior and never really recovered. This is not taking anything away from Morgan.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ken Swilling was the best safety ever to play at Tech. Unfortunately, he destroyed his ankle as a junior and never really recovered. This is not taking anything away from Morgan.
...or had your ankle destroyed. Do you remember the fury with which KS played when he finally got back in the game? I remember him hitting the CU rb at the sideline and launching him into the fence!