Morgan Bailey officially not returning

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah but the point was, he had already graduated. I don't think he wanted a graduate degree but he was thinking he might like to play football some more.

At GT, he (and the coaches) didn't think he'd start, so he decided to transfer somewhere else.

You guys know that I am not the biggest CPJ fan, but this one isn't on him.
This young man lost all respect for his position coach when he was called out and questioned about the injuries that were proven to be serious. Was one of the best offensive line prospects under PJ. Very good kid who was very unlucky. I wish him the very best at Coastal. He may get the chance to enjoy football again. I just wish it could have been at Tech. For what it is worth, if healthy he would be our second best lineman. That is not just my thoughts.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
gotta disagree, Byerly is now 2nd string QB(,as in most important position on team)----he could be 1st unit--NO doubt he deserves a scholly over a hi school maybe player

i disagree too. So what. Opinions are like a---holes you know the saying

If I was paul I would abuse walkons like Oleary did...never give a ship out unless they start lol...its how you build depth at GT IMO. Crap Dan Dykes had to start a full year before GOL gave him a ship. Of course many of you didn't like George, but I agreed with the way he ran the program in general.

but in our society today, everyone acts like they are entitled even if they just make the team. I guess I am just a hard arse fart (only 35).

gotta disagree, Byerly is now 2nd string QB(,as in most important position on team)----he could be 1st unit--NO doubt he deserves a scholly over a hi school maybe player
I agree with you. How many second team quarterbacks are there in FBS that are not scholarship players? I bet it is less than 1%. If you are the second best qb at a major college program, then how you were judged coming out of high school is obsolete. If a big time offensive coaching staff deems you #2, you warrant a scholarship, IMHO.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Byerly left MTSU where he had a scholarship to come here and earn a scholarship. We would never get any Byerly’s here if we build a reputation of not giving scholarships out to those walkons who work their ### off for it just because we want the extra depth and choose to give the scholarship to some 18 year old kid who’s never proven anything on the college level.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
In four years at tech M. Bailey proved time and time again that he was not going to remain healthy. So any thought of him being our second best offensive lineman "if healthy" is right up there with Cinderella, Snow White and other childrens fairy tales.

And its unfortunate that he lost respect for his position coach but there is no place for a player that can't be counted on from practice to practice. Bailey should have looked at his own history as to why his position coach may have doubted his injury and either way...after four years everyone needed a change. I'm glad he stuck in there and got his degree. That will serve him greatly in the long term.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
In four years at tech M. Bailey proved time and time again that he was not going to remain healthy. So any thought of him being our second best offensive lineman "if healthy" is right up there with Cinderella, Snow White and other childrens fairy tales.

And its unfortunate that he lost respect for his position coach but there is no place for a player that can't be counted on from practice to practice. Bailey should have looked at his own history as to why his position coach may have doubted his injury and either way...after four years everyone needed a change. I'm glad he stuck in there and got his degree. That will serve him greatly in the long term.
There is no Cinderella to it. I stand by my statement and several coaches agree with his ability compared to our current line. It is also obvious that the only thing you said that we could agree on concerns the degree that he obtained in 4 years.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
that's fine. but what good is that talent if he can't stay healthy enough to show it for full season? Can you tell me what most consecutive games M. Bailey Started at Tech with his "second only to Mason" talent? How about consecutive games played? How many times was he ready for the season opener...

And whatever those coaches "think his ability is" they are speculating because he hasn't played a game in over a year and has played in 3 games in the past two seasons so, whatever he was the last time he was at his "peak" in 2012, I'm sure he's far from it now. And as far as coaches agreeing, I saw a coach draft Tim Tebow in the first round, I've seen a collection of coaches decide guy couldn't play running back for their college team only to see him lead the Denver broncos to two super bowl titles. Coaches do and say dumb things all the time, hopefully they tend to be right more often than they are wrong..

Either way... Bailey had talent, couldn't stay on the field, got his degree, is playing somewhere else, I wish him well. Whatever the coaches or anyone else wants to say of his talent means nothing to me because the second point trumps all... In fact, I'll join the circle jerk... Bailey probably would be first team all ACC if he played this year.