Monken on Vandy's list

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we all agree that this would be fun to watch unfold if true. It's like the old Rodney dangerfield joke though about him not (Rodney) wanting to join a private club that would accept him as a member. If you are a Vandy guy, do you want someone to come who would accept the offer? Although at 7 figures, there will be no shortage of people wanting it. I would be willing to take a stab at it myself for a couple of years for just shy of 7 figures. With the right buyout of course.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Hope he gets it. Just because I don’t want him here doesn't mean he shouldn't get a chance somewhere. Vandy makes sense
Agree. Monken and the 3O make way more sense at a place like Vandy, IMO. A place like Vandy or Kansas is ripe for the 3O. Hell even Duke or Wake Forest. Places that have been punching bags in their conference for decades, have little to no history to draw on, and aren’t winning recruiting battles with any of their rivals.

Vandy only has 13 winning seasons since 1950, and only 4 since 1980. They’re not like Tech who seldom has 9 or 10 win seasons. They seldom have winning seasons, period. A lot of people, myself included, don’t think Tech needs the triple option to win games because we’ve won without it in the past, and in the recent past. Vandy has never won anything. They’ve played in 9 bowl games.... ever. As much as they’ve cut their athletic staffs and funding, Vandy needs somebody who can do “more with less” if they ever want to get rid of their punching bag status.