Monday Practice Update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Chris Griffin is back.

Charles Perkins in red...could be out this week.

Last edited:

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Well CPJ confirmed what I have been seeing. He stated that he wanted to see The DB's up on tbe line to challenge the WR's. Isn't this a call for the Defensive Coordinator or the DB coach?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Could very well be a defining play of the season. We didn't really stop them all day other than forcing fumbles (and credit the defense for that). If DJ doesn't run that play down AND force the fumble it's 7-7 and their Homecoming crowd is amped. No telling how the game could go at that point. A loss leaves us 5-3 (2-3) with a 3-game losing streak and essentially out of the race for the division. One of the most deflating plays possible - I still remember when Morgan Burnett was walking a fumble recovery into the endzone against UGA in '07 and had it stripped for a touchback at the goalline.

On a side note, can anybody defend a fumble through the endzone being a turnover and touchback? Why the hell is that a rule? Why wouldn't it just come back to the point of the fumble? You fumble at the 1-inch line and it's your ball right there, but 1 inch further and it's a turnover?

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Could very well be a defining play of the season. We didn't really stop them all day other than forcing fumbles (and credit the defense for that). If DJ doesn't run that play down AND force the fumble it's 7-7 and their Homecoming crowd is amped. No telling how the game could go at that point. A loss leaves us 5-3 (2-3) with a 3-game losing streak and essentially out of the race for the division. One of the most deflating plays possible - I still remember when Morgan Burnett was walking a fumble recovery into the endzone against UGA in '07 and had it stripped for a touchback at the goalline.

On a side note, can anybody defend a fumble through the endzone being a turnover and touchback? Why the hell is that a rule? Why wouldn't it just come back to the point of the fumble? You fumble at the 1-inch line and it's your ball right there, but 1 inch further and it's a turnover?
I think the ball crossed over on the right side of the pylon and bounced out of bounds. Any fumble that rolls out of bounds rather than being recovered by either team is spotted where it rolled out of bounds. In this case it was the endzone. Touchback. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Animal02

Banned

Yes....you fumble out of bounds at the one foot line and no one recovers you keep the ball.....you fumble into the endzone and it goes out of bounds....where would you spot the ball? Touch back is the only call

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
And faking a punt is the special teams coach call..........c'mon man!
Come on dude you're really think that CPJ calls the defensive plays in games. If that is the case, the corners would already be jamming the receivers on the line. During his interview he should have stated "I should bring the receivers up on the line" not what he would like to see. Also please don't compare a fake punk to bringing corners up to Jam receivers.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I think the ball crossed over on the right side of the pylon and bounced out of bounds. Any fumble that rolls out of bounds rather than being recovered by either team is spotted where it rolled out of bounds. In this case it was the endzone. Touchback. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not debating whether the call on the field was correct, it looked clear cut. I'm debating the logic of the rule. Just bring the ball back to the spot where it's fumbled. Isn't that the rule other places on the field anyway? you can't fumble the ball forward and get yards to where it went out of bounds - otherwise people would just "fumble" the ball out of bounds every play to get an extra yard or two. It comes back to where you fumbled if it goes out of bounds.