Mock Draft McShay with Jerry to the Cowboys

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't want any part of Mack. I'd rather grab an OT in the 1st and grab 2 pass rusher in 2nd. I trust Dee Ford or Attaochu more than Mack especially considering Mack @ #6 has to be a hit. Jackson Jeffcoat might slip to the 3rd round and I like that value also.

We are paying Matt Ryan over $100MM. Let's get the OT to solidify the OL (Baker, Blalock, Hawley, Asomoah, Matthews/Robinson/Lewan) and make it a team strength. What if we are able to run the ball for the first time in 3 years? What if we give Ryan time to throw a deep ball on occasion?

1st: OT (Lewan, Matthews, Robinson)
2nd: Dee Ford, Attaochu, or Safety
3rd: Jackson Jeffcoat, Safety, etc
4th: TE
4th: Zach Mettenberger (if he's here. I think he's the best QB in the draft. We get a 2nd, at worst, in 2-3 years)
I like the falcons getting a stud OL in the 1st round as well.
Also, your second,third & fourth round pick choices are good too. I like our backup QB so I would go after some WR's in this draft. It is a hidden need. Roddy White is getting old and while Henry Douglas is a good option...I think they need some more talent on the roster to potential step up. If no one else steps up this year then we need one taken in the first two rounds next year. Also, Julio's health worries me..

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cowboys are my favorite team so that is one of the reasons I posted this article. It would be a dream scenario for me. I was ecstatic when Choice came to Dallas. However, I dont see the Steelers passing on Jerry

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I like the falcons getting a stud OL in the 1st round as well.
Also, your second,third & fourth round pick choices are good too. I like our backup QB so I would go after some WR's in this draft. It is a hidden need. Roddy White is getting old and while Henry Douglas is a good option...I think they need some more talent on the roster to potential step up. If no one else steps up this year then we need one taken in the first two rounds next year. Also, Julio's health worries me..
I think Julio’s done. Those ankle injuries are career ending especially when you’re 6’3. He may be able to pull out a year or 2 but chances are it will linger around.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I think Julio’s done. Those ankle injuries are career ending especially when you’re 6’3. He may be able to pull out a year or 2 but chances are it will linger around.
IIRC it was a foot injury not an ankle injury. But thag worries me even more because the place he injured is known to reinjure frequently, sometimes becoming a career ender.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Im all for our guys getting drafted, but i don't wish the Cowboys on anyone. If Jerry is there at 37 and there is no reason for the Falcons to not take him, but I gotta feeling that Jerry is going to sneak in bottom of the 1st