MJ Hanging up the cleats

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man I hate to see that. Best of luck to the young man.

When Stewart was interviewed about his 1st career TD, he sounded like he got emotional when talking about why he'd only let Jordan keep the ball for him. Maybe they've known for a while he was no longer playing.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I count it a real problem for this year that Matthew got hurt so badly last spring. Any less of an injury and I think he would be starting right now. This is not a diss on TM, who has performed well above expectations in my book, but I think Matthew would have been as effective and with either Mills (too bad) or Benson would have made for a tougher team for opposing Ds, especially within the 15.

Thanks for your efforts for Tech and the best of everything going forward.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang, that must be a significant foot injury. Anybody know what he originally did?

Best of luck to Matthew! He was a team player.
I have no inside knowledge, but based on comments and articles that I've read I think he must have fractured that outside bone in the foot which required a screw and surgery. I did the same thing last year. While my injury isn't at risk for additional issues, I can see how a diabetic has many more complications and needs additional to heal - I'm sure he is susceptible to re-injury and permanent issues where I was not.

When I read this I was so sad for him - I was sad when he hurt himself in the spring and when he didn't make it as the starter. (Nothing against TQM - I like him just fine - they are just different) It was like the Byerly injury for me, and made me tear up....poked a hole in my happy bubble to see him have to decide to give it up.

Good luck, Matthew. You will be missed.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am sure it is some sort of confirmation bias, but it seems that Tech has more of these career ending injuries than other programs. Also have to seemed to have more than our fair share of other medical weirdness like Greg Gathers.

Regardless....all the best for Mr. Jordan!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I am sure it is some sort of confirmation bias, but it seems that Tech has more of these career ending injuries than other programs. Also have to seemed to have more than our fair share of other medical weirdness like Greg Gathers.

Regardless....all the best for Mr. Jordan!
Happens everywhere. I doubt you’d really notice when a backup QB of some other team around the country has a career ending injury.