Mitchell Wins Waiver

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Fantastic! Good news for CBG and Mitchell. Could make a big difference this season from a depth and wide body standpoint. Let's hope he continues to develop.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Great news. That puts Sampson, Mitchell, Cox, Lammers and Gueye at the 4/5 spots, 25 quality fouls down low.
Joe Hall where are you?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...mitchell-immediately-eligible-at-georgia-tech
“We are thankful that the NCAA has supported and granted Charles' waiver for immediate eligibility,” Gregory said. “Coming back home to Atlanta will give him the opportunity to assist his family while achieving some tremendous academic and athletic goals.”

Four other newcomers will help Mitchell in the frontcourt: East Carolina transfer Robert Sampson, the son of Ralph Sampson; Ole Miss transfer Demarco Cox; and freshmen Abdoulaye Gueye and Ben Lammers.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Mitchell has been great for us this year IMO.

I'm very excited to see him next year alongside someone with a post game like Jacobs seems to have. As much as I love Chuck and Cox, like many people have said before, their styles to do not complement each other very well.

Give Chuck another year to develop and I think we're gonna love what we see from him next year. Not to mention, he brings an incredible attitude. I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile.

------------------------------------

Long term, given that this was a lost year anyway, probably would have been better if he didn't gain immediate eligibility so that he would have had 2 years with a new coach (assuming BG is gone)