Mississippi Valley @ GT

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
At McCamish tonight, 7:00 pm - espn3. Keep the radio close.

They really need to play well tonight. Tough games coming up in NY.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I know you football guys back off a little on BB, but it is like walking and chewing gum, both can be done at same time. I find it difficult, but I manage to pull it off on occasion.

"Following Tuesday's game, Tech travels to Brooklyn for the main bracket of the Barclays Center Classic. The Yellow Jackets meet Mississippi at 4:30 p.m. Friday, and either Penn State or St. John's Saturday."

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow, there's probably some high schools with more talent than Mississippi Valley has. they look downright lost out there.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We are much bigger across the board. We should win by 20-30 when all is said and done. I hope our team will use this game to refine our offense instead of just pad our stats against a guy who is 6 inches shorter than you

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
They need to work on not traveling for starters. Those will kill us against real competition.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
GT 41 - 14 at half.
Carter still has problems with his game. Did close out the half with a couple of nice plays. But he must play much better or this team will not come close against Ole Miss on Friday.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
the first 4 - 5 minutes had it looking like we were going to have our hands full. Thankfully things got better.
Were were a POOR 9/17 at the FT line.

Doyle hit a 3 and got an assist. Wamer also got a little court time but missed his only attempt from the field (hopefully he gets more chances this season).

ToddM

I am paying attention. We started kinda slow last year and by the time the Miami game came around we were a lot better. I look for a better season this year.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see the Jackets run away with this one. Didn't see the game, but our three big guys got 32 rebounds, and their ENTIRE team only got 28! I don't care who you are playing, if we can rebound like that, we are going to be in good shape. That's a good sign for us. Also nice to see Stephens play some quality minutes and to see Carter continue his progress and production. In my mind, he and Bolden are the keys to the season now. Can we score inside (Carter)? Can we shoot outside (Bolden)? That will determine our season.

We will know much more about this team after the weekend. Looking forward to some good basketball.