Missing post

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@John,
The first one (post #18) was generated by "Copy link to Tweet" feature.

The 2nd one (post #19) was copy/paste Instagram URL.

I hope I got the above terminology correct.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ooops....sorry about that. Actually, I think I knew that but had forgotten. Apparently it is the embedded nature of certain posts that are causing problems. I have seen a few others comment too that they could not see Cuse's posts, so I don't think I am alone. Some well-meaning responder said that I should list the links involved, so it could be diagnosed. But since I haven't seen the links, there was nothing I could list.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I understand the issue is with twitter and some firefox browsers but I don't see any evidence this is something that is server-side at this point. There use to be a sitewide issue but this was fixed last weekend. I have confirmed that this is working with the latest Chrome (47), Firefox (43.0.4), and IE (11).

If anyone experiencing this issue is feeling helpful and want to start their firefox in safe mode, please do so and report back so we can narrow down the issue a bit more:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

I understand the issue is with twitter and some firefox browsers but I don't see any evidence this is something that is server-side at this point. There use to be a sitewide issue but this was fixed last weekend. I have confirmed that this is working with the latest Chrome (47), Firefox (43.0.4), and IE (11).

If anyone experiencing this issue is feeling helpful and want to start their firefox in safe mode, please do so and report back so we can narrow down the issue a bit more:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
I restarted Firefox in safe mode, and the one post that jhsavhGT made that I said I could not see, I can now see. Is this helpful?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I restarted Firefox in safe mode, and the one post that jhsavhGT made that I said I could not see, I can now see. Is this helpful?
Yes, you are running some kind of addon with your browser that is breaking Twitter (and possibly other) embeds.

You can try disabling one addon at a time to figure out which one. Once you've figured out which one, there should be a "whitelist" option with the addon if you want to keep it enabled for all sites except a few.

Yes, you are running some kind of addon with your browser that is breaking Twitter (and possibly other) embeds.

You can try disabling one addon at a time to figure out which one. Once you've figured out which one, there should be a "whitelist" option with the addon if you want to keep it enabled for all sites except a few.
I think that might be outside my pay level.....LOL

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
But in all seriousness I can help you walk through it on skype or another platform if you know how to do that. Send me a PM and we can see if I can get enough info to tell you exactly what to do.