Missing post

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I see that CuseJacket has been posting a lot over on the 2016 recruiting page but I cannot see his post. Does anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Thanks

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Do you mean you see his post but the body of the post appears empty? If so it's because he has an embedded element from twitter there and you're having trouble loading it. Try either refreshing or changing your browser and hopefully that will clear it up.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, most likely tweets or videos. Try refreshing or a different browser. If that doesn't work let us know.

I see that CuseJacket has been posting a lot over on the 2016 recruiting page but I cannot see his post. Does anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Thanks
I have been having that problem with all his posts lately. Chrome worked the one time I tried, it but Firefox never seems to. Is there some setting that I need to change in Firefox? If not, then is there something Cuse can do so we can see everything he posts? BTW, it's not a question of my work internet blocking Twitter, since I am retired and access everything on my home computer.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
There was an issue with embedded content (ie. twitter, instagram, etc.) not showing up properly about a week ago. This has already been resolved and I personally haven't had any issues since.

If it's still not working for you, the only thing I can suggest is for you to try to do the typical browser troubleshooting steps:
  • Clear your browser's cache/files
  • Try uninstalling any plugins that may change the contents (especially things that block java/scripts)
  • Try a different browser as a test

There was an issue with embedded content (ie. twitter, instagram, etc.) not showing up properly about a week ago. This has already been resolved and I personally haven't had any issues since.

If it's still not working for you, the only thing I can suggest is for you to try to do the typical browser troubleshooting steps:
  • Clear your browser's cache/files
  • Try uninstalling any plugins that may change the contents (especially things that block java/scripts)
  • Try a different browser as a test
To be honest, if that's something that needs to be done every time he posts, then it's not worth it. I still had the problem yesterday, so apparently nothing has been resolved.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
To be honest, if that's something that needs to be done every time he posts, then it's not worth it. I still had the problem yesterday, so apparently nothing has been resolved.
Never said you needed to do it every time you posted.

Before I posted, I installed Firefox (43.0.4) to see if I could reproduce the issue as you stated. I could not.

What I posted were suggestions to try as a way to troubleshoot it on your local machine since this is not a widespread issue and it is not reproducible with the information presented in this thread. If you have a way to reproduce it on multiple machines, feel free to let me know the details/steps so I can try to replicate the issue. Otherwise, the only thing I can do is make blind suggestions.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Oh it would also be good if someone having this issue included links to the posts that display this behavior. I randomly checked @CuseJacket's last few posts with embedded media and I was able to load it fine with latest Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Never said you needed to do it every time you posted.

Before I posted, I installed Firefox (43.0.4) to see if I could reproduce the issue as you stated. I could not.

What I posted were suggestions to try as a way to troubleshoot it on your local machine since this is not a widespread issue and it is not reproducible with the information presented in this thread. If you have a way to reproduce it on multiple machines, feel free to let me know the details/steps so I can try to replicate the issue. Otherwise, the only thing I can do is make blind suggestions.

I'm not talking about repeating the process every time I post. I'm referring to having to go through all that in order to see what Cuse posts. I haven't been able to read his posts in perhaps a month, except once when I tried it using Chrome. Since my default browser is Firefox (latest version, as far as I know), then I guess I am stuck without being able to see the content of his posts. And based on a seemingly increasing number of posts indicating an inability to read Cuse's posts, I would say that it is pretty much widespread. Perhaps it's a minority, but it's definitely not unique.
BTW, what I get is simply a blank post under his name...no content at all.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm referring to having to go through all that in order to see what Cuse posts.
I think you are missing my point. The only thing I can do is make suggestions. If you do not want to try my suggestions that's fine.

My guess is that your browser is caching some javascript files that is used to display embedded media in posts and I'm hopeful that once you clear your cache (once), you should be able to see embedded content again.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest everyone who is having this problem post a list of the extensions they are using for Firefox. Perhaps we can find a common denominator. An overzealous anti-virus, ad blocking, or malware scanning software can also interfere with javascript so you may even have to try turning those off to see if has any effect.

Again, these are my blind suggestions. Feel free to try it or not. Unfortunately, there's not much more I can do from the site/server-end.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you are having issues like this, please post details that could potentially help me reproduce it on my end.

I think you are missing my point. The only thing I can do is make suggestions. If you do not want to try my suggestions that's fine.

My guess is that your browser is caching some javascript files that is used to display embedded media in posts and I'm hopeful that once you clear your cache (once), you should be able to see embedded content again.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest everyone who is having this problem post a list of the extensions they are using for Firefox. Perhaps we can find a common denominator. An overzealous anti-virus, ad blocking, or malware scanning software can also interfere with javascript so you may even have to try turning those off to see if has any effect.

Again, these are my blind suggestions. Feel free to try it or not. Unfortunately, there's not much more I can do from the site/server-end.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you are having issues like this, please post details that could potentially help me reproduce it on my end.
I free my cache regularly; I can only assume it is freeing up what you are talking about. As far as a list of extensions I am using in Firefox, I don't know what you are referring to.