Mike Pelton

75southjacket

Banned
We just completed year 4 with Roof and Pelton. I always read about Roof being fired but , what about Pelton. Since his arrival, tech has always finished near the bottom of the conference in sacks and TFL by Defensive lineman. This guy is not doing his job landing any big boys up front or developing any players. This position group is so undersized. Example: Saint-Armour should be playing some sort of role like Lorenzo Carter does for UGA. Thoughts anyone?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We just completed year 4 with Roof and Pelton. I always read about Roof being fired but , what about Pelton. Since his arrival, tech has always finished near the bottom of the conference in sacks and TFL by Defensive lineman. This guy is not doing his job landing any big boys up front or developing any players. This position group is so undersized. Example: Saint-Armour should be playing some sort of role like Lorenzo Carter does for UGA. Thoughts anyone?
He doesn't land big boys up front because they recruit by region, not position. I'm not sure how good of a coach he is, but I'm not so sure he's being set up to succeed. His guys are being asked to beat guys 1 on 1 without much exotic stunts, twist, and blitz. (Which I do believe we dis more of this year) like I said idk how good of a coach he is so I'm just speculating.

75southjacket

Banned
Weakest link in the D
That position group puts so much on the LB and secondary. If Johnson plans to keep Pelton, I think this will be a great indication of where the program will go with Johnson in charge. I don't like coming on to the boards this late in the season calling for a coach to be fired but , what else are we supposed to do as fans after year 4 of the same crap?

75southjacket

Banned
He doesn't land big boys up front because they recruit by region, not position. I'm not sure how good of a coach he is, but I'm not so sure he's being set up to succeed. His guys are being asked to beat guys 1 on 1 without much exotic stunts, twist, and blitz. (Which I do believe we dis more of this year) like I said idk how good of a coach he is so I'm just speculating.
Either way you look at this, his position group is not performing. In the real world, if you're not doing your job , you are eventually demoted or fired. A change needs to be made.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Either way you look at this, his position group is not performing. In the real world, if you're not doing your job , you are eventually demoted or fired. A change needs to be made.
I'm not disagreeing. In a different thread I posted a list of the coaches I would want to keep if CPJ decided to start firing people. Pelton wasn't on my list. I'm just saying idk if it's because of scheme or his coaching.

75southjacket

Banned
I'm not disagreeing. In a different thread I posted a list of the coaches I would want to keep if CPJ decided to start firing people. Pelton wasn't on my list. I'm just saying idk if it's because of scheme or his coaching.
I don't think you can point fingers at either. He can make the change to stop playing these 235# DE . They need to play OLB/ RE. Desmond Branch should be playing DE and not DT. This why the D is below average. I'm pointing out examples to the main issue why the D is not performing well.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don't think you can point fingers at either. He can make the change to stop playing these 235# DE . They need to play OLB/ RE. Desmond Branch should be playing DE and not DT. This why the D is below average. I'm pointing out examples to the main issue why the D is not performing well.
CPJ commented on Branch playing inside, it's because he was the most consistent guy there. Pelton also went to CPJ and said he was going to start saint-amour and Simmons. Like I said I'm not so sure it wasn't scheme. Scheme can affect things more than you think. But once again I'm not saying he's some great coach, idk.

75southjacket

Banned
CPJ commented on Branch playing inside, it's because he was the most consistent guy there. Pelton also went to CPJ and said he was going to start saint-amour and Simmons. Like I said I'm not so sure it wasn't scheme. Scheme can affect things more than you think. But once again I'm not saying he's some great coach, idk.
Dude, he went to cpj and suggested these changes and the results are the same. These guys are undersized playing big roles. Point being is we don't have any big lineman anymore and the results are showing. Do you know where Tech is in FBS in sacks by D lineman ?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Dude, he went to cpj and suggested these changes and the results are the same. These guys are undersized playing big roles. Point being is we don't have any big lineman anymore and the results are showing. Do you know where Tech is in FBS in sacks by D lineman ?
Ok, so if you are undersized on the D line that's the DL coaches fault how? Wouldn't that mean your scheme is not helping the guys on the D line? Once again I'm not saying he should stay so idk what you are trying to get at.

75southjacket

Banned
Ok, so if you are undersized on the D line that's the DL coaches fault how? Wouldn't that mean your scheme is not helping the guys on the D line? Once again I'm not saying he should stay so idk what you are trying to get at.
I don't think scheme has anything to do with the low production. I think physical superiority is kicking Tech's butt. We are both right about our views. Maybe a big change is on the way?