Mike Norvell messed up

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What a bunch of babies. Everyone is too sensitive. Everyone is overreacting.
I’m sorry, can you please elaborate on why you believe anybody is overreacting? A coach made a statement to the media in which his players disputed his claim, and called his statement a blatant lie. Given Norvell’s response, I’d say they were telling the truth. This then led to actually conversation between coach and player. I’m having trouble seeing where the overreaction was, and who these so called “babies” are. Because to me, it looks like YOU are the only one overreacting.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I’m sorry, can you please elaborate on why you believe anybody is overreacting? A coach made a statement to the media in which his players disputed his claim, and called his statement a blatant lie. Given Norvell’s response, I’d say they were telling the truth. This then led to actually conversation between coach and player. I’m having trouble seeing where the overreaction was, and who these so called “babies” are. Because to me, it looks like YOU are the only one overreacting.

Our entire nation is overreacting right now. We just had a week of rioting that was responsible for multiple black deaths and the destruction of numerous black businesses while proclaiming black lives matter. Yet everyone is scared to call them out on it. If the coach misrepresented this then take it up with him privately. Don’t be a little b**** and run to social media and handle things in such a cowardly way. Social media gives everyone a platform and most of us don’t deserve it.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
Attacking your coach on social media is wrong. So he did not talk to each player personally, big deal.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think you call your coach out for something like this. Teams are coming back together, so I think you call the coach out in front of the team and hold him accountable. But to do it over something like this was a little over the top. I understand his anger, but I don't think all of that anger should have been directed towards his coach because I don't think it stems from his coach. I think under different circumstances he would have reacted differently or used more tempered language.

That being said, it was a stupid thing to say and he should have expected someone to call him out. Not a good way to start, especially if he's not a great communicator.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Attacking your coach on social media is wrong. So he did not talk to each player personally, big deal.
It’s not that he didn’t talk to each player personally, it’s the fact that he lied about to the media. If you blatantly lie in public, you deserve to be called out in public. Especially when you’re pretending to virtue signal on behalf of your new players.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It’s not that he didn’t talk to each player personally, it’s the fact that he lied about to the media. If you blatantly lie in public, you deserve to be called out in public. Especially when you’re pretending to virtue signal on behalf of your new players.
I think he calls the coach out in front of the team and Norvell owns it, addresses it through social media, and then follows it up with a beat article. That addresses it head on from the players' perspective and doesn't seem so much like a player calling out the new coach. No problem calling him out, but his language was a little too aggressive to me, unless there's more to it than just the tweet.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
If the coach misrepresented this then take it up with him privately. Don’t be a little b**** and run to social media and handle things in such a cowardly way. Social media gives everyone a platform and most of us don’t deserve it.

If I’ve learned anything about most people in charge... especially lately ... you bring it up privately, it gets shoved under a rug. You put it publicly, things change.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Our entire nation is overreacting right now. We just had a week of rioting that was responsible for multiple black deaths and the destruction of numerous black businesses while proclaiming black lives matter. Yet everyone is scared to call them out on it. If the coach misrepresented this then take it up with him privately. Don’t be a little b**** and run to social media and handle things in such a cowardly way. Social media gives everyone a platform and most of us don’t deserve it.
This sounds like Fromm’s “elite white people” comment. Everyone deserves the right to speak their mind especially when it’s their business. The kid spoke out on a situation that involved him personally. If the coach can lie publicly to the media, the kid can call him out the same way. If the coach has a problem with that, then he shouldn’t tell blatant lies to try and look better in the first place.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Norvell’s reaction is idiotic and Dabo’s tone / actions just aren’t what modern players should expect from their coaches.

I 100% believe African American players / recruits have internalized these events and sentiments. Part of me wonders if these individuals will change their decisions based on coach / program tone. Will a recruit actually select a more conscientious program over Clemson / FSU? Or will the benefits of playing at one of those programs still drive the decision?
My guess is that in a prioritized list of getting to the pros, playing for a title, exposure, easy classes, uniform color, girls, ice cream maker, water slide and Nike swag, that Novell and Dabo’s actions will come in last.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So I won't say Norvell was out of line just because he didn't camp on to the partial truth that mainstream media is throwing out there. Unfortunately--for a lot of reasons--his reaction may hurt him as a coach.
What’s so hard to understand about the fact that the backlash Norvell is facing has nothing to do with the movement? It’s about the fact that he LIED. He tried pandering to the movement, and tried using his players to back his statement up. The problem is that he lied about it. If you lie about just having conversations with your players, you deserve to be called out for it. Having one on one conversations is the absolute bare minimum a coach can do right now, so not only did he not do that, he lied about it. There is no partial truth. There is no in between. Lying to the public and to the media is bad.

GT_EE78

Banned
What’s so hard to understand about the fact that the backlash Norvell is facing has nothing to do with the movement? It’s about the fact that he LIED. He tried pandering to the movement, and tried using his players to back his statement up. The problem is that he lied about it. If you lie about just having conversations with your players, you deserve to be called out for it. Having one on one conversations is the absolute bare minimum a coach can do right now, so not only did he not do that, he lied about it. There is no partial truth. There is no in between. Lying to the public and to the media is bad.
Some people are overly fixated on their bowel movement.
The FSU coach has it patched up despite a dumb tweet . Keep reading, they OK