Miami QB suffers major injury

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to hear about the young man's injury. I suppose that just means that now their starting QB is about as inexperienced as ours.
One would think that improves our chances but I really don't know much about their QBs this year. With our luck, we now get the more athletic QB of the two.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Miami is starting to recruit to the level they use to during the 90's. They're just reloading now. One 4/5 star goes down, another moves up.

They've got 2 pretty good QBs coming in as true freshmen this summer as well.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Miami is starting to recruit to the level they use to during the 90's. They're just reloading now. One 4/5 star goes down, another moves up.

They've got 2 pretty good QBs coming in as true freshmen this summer as well.
Nothing new there. Recruiting ranking hasn't been their weakness as long as I can remember.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Olsen sucks, it will be the new incoming Freshman Brad Kaaya who will win the job, he's legit. I played basketball with Ryan Williams a couple times and kid is a nice guy and a good athlete, feel bad for him.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
This sucks for Miami, and call me pessimistic if you want, but I feel like as pong as they have Duke Johnson healthy, it will be a tough game for us

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He makes it a tough game for anybody playing Miami.

When Duke Johnson got hurt last year, didn't Miami go into a tailspin? Duke (University) was fortunate enough to pay Miami just after D Johnson was hurt. A healthy Duke J will probably rip up our DL, or at least occupy us so much that other 4/5 star weapons are more effective.

Sometimes a season is based on good fortune when you don't have the sheer talent (e.g. Duke U) to overcome the other team.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
When Duke Johnson got hurt last year, didn't Miami go into a tailspin? Duke (University) was fortunate enough to pay Miami just after D Johnson was hurt. A healthy Duke J will probably rip up our DL, or at least occupy us so much that other 4/5 star weapons are more effective.

Sometimes a season is based on good fortune when you don't have the sheer talent (e.g. Duke U) to overcome the other team.

Absolutely! I remember them hanging tough with FSU before he was injured. There is a huge difference in Miami with and without a healthy Duke Johnson.