Miami game cancelled

I'm glad this is how things turned out. Sure, I'd have liked to see us play one more game, especially since we did beat da U last year. But there's no real point to it. Send the players home (or not, depending) and get ready for next year.

I expect we'll do better in 2021; the schedule is much less demanding and the players will have an actual fall practice to get ready. One problem is that young men their age will be pretty far down the vaccination line and there may not be enough people vaccinated to give us that long-sought herd immunity by spring. This could make spring sports and spring practice still dicey; indeed, that's what I'm expecting. But maybe things will work out. Hope so.

2021 will be a test but is will be hard to win 6 games. Clemson, UGA, Notre Dame are probably Ls. UNC, Va Tech, BC, Miami and Pitt I put at 75% loss. Even if we win 2 of those we are at 6 losses. UVA is 50-50. Frankly, we will know more about the team after we play Kennesaw St. Lose that game and watch out below. An option offense attack....No the schedule is not kind next year.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching Miami get man handled by UNC right now makes me think we would have had a shot to beat them. They look awful.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I was proud of us for playing Pitt despite all of the things that we had working against us. Kind of that, “anytime, anywhere, next man up, put the ball down, roll up your sleeves, I’m not scared” mentality. With that said, I’m conflicted on how I feel about cancelling 8 days prior to the game. I’m not saying that I know everything going on but I don’t feel good about the reason being that we want these guys to get home for Christmas break. There’s plenty of time to spend with family even if we play next week’s game. I really don’t like the idea of it being that we only have 1 quarterback... that’s football. Maryland battled us 1 year with a linebacker at qb. Getting Yates reps would be a good thing. Have Tobias as backup. If it’s COVID, I’m confused, because we’d have everybody back that was out for NC State and anybody that tested positive prior to that. I don’t see those COVID numbers being as bad as they were for NC ST and Pitt especially making this announcement the day after Pitt. I believe it was stated that injuries might be the reason. That’s football. Play Miguez or knight, play Yates, play Derrick Allen if Juanyeh is beat-up. The D-line and receivers have been battling injuries all-year, next man up.

if I’m a betting man, this is what I believe, our coaches want to be out recruiting this week before early signing period. All other reasons are just window dressing.

If that’s the case, I’m a little disappointed, but I guess I have no shame, because I won’t be too upset if we land a couple big ones.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I was proud of us for playing Pitt despite all of the things that we had working against us. Kind of that, “anytime, anywhere, next man up, put the ball down, roll up your sleeves, I’m not scared” mentality. With that said, I’m conflicted on how I feel about cancelling 8 days prior to the game. I’m not saying that I know everything going on but I don’t feel good about the reason being that we want these guys to get home for Christmas break. There’s plenty of time to spend with family even if we play next week’s game. I really don’t like the idea of it being that we only have 1 quarterback... that’s football. Maryland battled us 1 year with a linebacker at qb. Getting Yates reps would be a good thing. Have Tobias as backup. If it’s COVID, I’m confused, because we’d have everybody back that was out for NC State and anybody that tested positive prior to that. I don’t see those COVID numbers being as bad as they were for NC ST and Pitt especially making this announcement the day after Pitt. I believe it was stated that injuries might be the reason. That’s football. Play Miguez or knight, play Yates, play Derrick Allen if Juanyeh is beat-up. The D-line and receivers have been battling injuries all-year, next man up.

if I’m a betting man, this is what I believe, our coaches want to be out recruiting this week before early signing period. All other reasons are just window dressing.

If that’s the case, I’m a little disappointed, but I guess I have no shame, because I won’t be too upset if we land a couple big ones.

If it makes you feel better just view it as the game getting canceled because Miami had covid issues, because that was what this essentially was. It makes zero sense to play extremely short handed after delaying the game because the other team was in that exact situation. That isn't next man up. We've been doing that. This would just be stupid to the detriment of the team to do.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

UNC now has two running backs with over 200 yards each running today!!!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
UNC is about to break our conference record of most rushing yards in a conference game. Over 530 yards against Miami right now with 1 back over 300. wtf is going on there. Record is our 542 against Louisville

Oakland

Helluva Engineer

I like this. Maybe we pulled the trigger a little too early. Some leagues are playing a split season so teams like Mercer will play rest of their season this spring. I wonder if Tech could play Miami around April if the NCAA and ACC would allow it. That would be something to look forward to.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
2021 will be a test but is will be hard to win 6 games. Clemson, UGA, Notre Dame are probably Ls. UNC, Va Tech, BC, Miami and Pitt I put at 75% loss. Even if we win 2 of those we are at 6 losses. UVA is 50-50. Frankly, we will know more about the team after we play Kennesaw St. Lose that game and watch out below. An option offense attack....No the schedule is not kind next year.

it's a year out, and you're already calling it at least an 8 loss season.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
If we lose to KSU in year 3 of the “greatest transition in the history of football”, Collins should be fired on the spot and replaced with Bohannon the next day
I didn't think the Citadel would beat us either. Hasn't been a lot of joy in Mudville lately.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

How the hell do you think you have any idea of injuries or COVID positives or tracing or the timing on either? Our class for next week is essentially set except for 1 or 2 so recruiting should be more of a focus that it always is.